Dear APQS - SUGGESTION - Incentive for Extending Warranty

Dear APQS,

What if at the end of the 8 year warranty, extended or new purchase, the machine owner could get a free tuneup, if their machine had not been previously serviced due to a warranty issue.

In other words, if my machine gives me no trouble during the 8 years of warranty, I can send it to you with a prepaid (by you) shipping label, and you would do a complete tune-up.

Replacing any parts due to wear and tear would be free labor, but the machine owner would pay for the parts. I think that would be very fair to APQS and to the owner.

I think that would definitely be an incentive to extend the warranty, as well as give an extra incentive for purchasing a new APQS machine.

Guest Linda S

It would be nice to get a couple of years warranty for a machine that is less than eight years old too. I bought mine in 2004, so I'm not eligible.

I emailed APQS a few days ago, with some questions about the extended warranty and have yet to hear from them. SOOOOOO if I don't have answers, it is pretty hard to make a decision, I'm thinking. I just like to have my questions answered and in print. I don't like assume one thing, only to find out that is wrong. I want to see it in print. Judy

Originally posted by DoryJM

I discussed the warranty with my DH. He seemed to feel that these machines are built so well that it really wasn't necessary.

That is the same thing my husband said. He said I've never had a problem in the past and he thinks I shouldn't in the future. Of course, he does not believe in purchasing extended warranties!

my husband always wants to buy extended warranties and we have used them on occasion but many times in the fine print they find a way to deny the claims. such as furniture. if you have an extended warrantee, and there is a tear or a worn area, they ask when it happened. well if you say a month ago, or I am not sure exactly, just havent had the time to look up paperwork and call etc. well, you waited too long it had to be reported within 10 days. that is a crock especially when the warrantee is not up, what difference does it make. I am not saying this about APQS don't get me wrong but most times the warrantee companies are contracted out and they are usually a waste of money. my misadventure was with Lazy Boy a leather chair. got a rip on the arm.

Archived