Boy, or Gal, do I need help.

Will put up 3 picts of a QofV I need to do, and am totallly blank, even looking at the pantos and the pattern boards.

Any suggestions you think I can handle? The quilt is beautiful and I think it needs more than meandering or wonky feathers and flowers.. so what is left.??

Please help?

RitaR

post--13461901532466_thumb.jpg

rITA

I can see why you dont have a clue, when you look at the whole quilt does it look like the pattern is done correct. It has beautiful fabric and I see some of the pattern but without seeing it all it looks like some of the blocks are out of place, or orientation is wrong. maybe not, could be just me. I would be kind of confused as to how to quilt it myself.

OMG - what a quilt. I would first find a sage green/gray thread that blends - show as little as possible. The feathers are a good idea - you can create a spine in the "U" area and then just the triangle feather design in the other block. If you want a panto - I would find a good paisley because there is so much paisley in the fabric.

The squares in the quilt are only 6" square. I've traced the feathers and lines, then

I've looked at pantos and pattern boards and am beyond myself. LOL Crossed eyes, bit lips, tumbling tummy, comfuzzled and consuvveled beyond belief.

Maybe I'll have nightmares about it tonight, and come up with a solution.

thanks for all the help so far, and any you can provide by tomorrow night. I'll be gone all day tomorrow, at guilds Sew Day..

RitaR

I hope this helps. I just spent three days with my grandchildren and I'm exhausted.

You could add a little optical illusion yourself in the gray areas. Then have fun in the log cabin halves, traditional feather borders, and something simple in the green border.

The quilt reminds me of one of those Christmas Card holders, with the slots to insert cards. And it also reminds me of the old photo corners we used in our photo albums.

2588109090100404369S600x600Q85.jpg

That looks like it will work Rita. Thanks for letting me doodle on your quilt.

2426193790100404369S600x600Q85.jpg

photo holders were corner mounts.. card holders were card holders.. LOL.. that I know. What to do with the quilt.. well. flip my bottom lip with first finger and utter duuduuduuduuduuduuduuduuuuuuuhhhhhhhh

I like all the ideas.. himself has vetoed most because with this glitch in my shoulder, he is having to help more than usual.

We don't have the Toppers miracle cross hatch tools, I make a baby bottle nipple look good as a feather.

I think we are going to do a continuous spiral in the log cabin blocks, and piano keys in the print borders and just a looping lineof loops in the green.

Too Tired tonight.. Thanks for all the help... I just got way overtired today and am making a VERY early night of it.

RitaR

Jolene, the Topper is the pattern holder and patterns that we can work from the front of the machine, similar to circle lord and Hartleys whatchamacallit..

the cross hatch tools are the ones Linda Rech and Denny are making and selling.

The bottle nipple explains itself, I think.

Heidi, if it's so bad you can't make a suggestion then I KNOW IT"S BAD. I think I'm just going to put a loop and vine in the green border, do piano keys or further confuse the eye with diamonds in the borders, and do the spiral board in the whole area inside the green border.

I just can't stand the thought of a meander on it, though it deserves less than that.

Ritar

Well, we are in the frogging mode. These blocks are supposed to be 6 inches square, but when you measure by 2 blocks, across the top row, without the weird corner block?

well the first two measure 11, the second 2 and thrid 2 measure `12 each, and the last 2 measure 13 1/2. And I'm wondering why we can't get a 6 inch spiral on it evenly.

Frogging it out, will meander everything inside the green border, vine and loop the green border and piano key the borders.. and call it a job very well done.

Want to come help us do some frog dancing, Heidi??

RitaR

Archived