Circles!! HELP!!!

Hi everyone, I am in need of purchasing some circle templates and have been doing my research. What it has done, is completely confuse me!!! THere are so many neat ones on the market from some really trusted quilters!

If anyone can help me deside what type to get I would really appreciate it! I guess whatever kind I get I will get used to, but I would hate to spend all that money only to realize that I don't want to use them! (I have the HF and I don't use it!!)

THere are full circles, nestled circles --in 1/2 in. width and 2 in. width. THey come in even sets and odd sets, they come in 1/2 in., or 1 in. increments! I am totally not sure what to buy!!!

Any good dvds or books to help use them would be nice too. Thanks for all the advise! I am really in need!

P.S. Can you do the swaggy, rolling feather border with circle templates or do I need another type of template for that?

Thanks!

luv2kwilt

Guest Linda S

For making Circles, you certainly can't beat the Circle Lord. Check out their basic set-up at www.loriclesquilting.com By the time you buy every size circle template, you could have paid for the Circle Lord easily! Plus, there are other templates you can use to make other designs.

Linda

I love my Hartley Fence for circles. I use it quite a bit. You can make concentric circles, interlocking circles, 1/4 circles, 1/2 circles...the possibilities are nearly endless. Myrna Ficken has a great DVD on using the HF. Check it out. You might find that you already have the perfect circle tool. I sold my circle templates after getting the HF!

I have to agree wiht Linda...I have had both systems, Circle Lord and Hartley Fence with workbook and have had much more success with the CL. You can get a lot of money tied up in templates, or in the case of the HF, videos and workbook to learn to use it. CL is very user friendly, at least for me.

I have Circle Lord and will be buying more patterns at MQS, its worth the investment and it will pay for itself in the long run.

The big boards are so easy to use and I have been able to charge more because it looks so hard to do but really easy because of the system.

Loricles has one of the best Customer Service in the industry and the Longarmers using the system are so very HELPFUL.

Corey

APQS Millenium

Dear luv

I have The Gadget Girls nest of circles and ABSOLUTELY love them. The price was right when I was getting started and couldn't afford the Hartley Fence or Circle Lord.

Using the independent circle templates takes a bit of practice. There are a couple of tricks to mastering them, but once done even the tiny 2" circle is easy. Like all things we do..........practice, practice. If you do decide on the nest of circles, let me know and if I can help you use them I'll pass on my tricks.

I bought a bunch of the nested circles, rectangles, etc. I hate them. I'm buying solid ones at HMQS next week. They work good for designing, but are crap on the machine as you have to tape them so much to get them to stay together. I wouldn't waste my money on them, but since I already have, lesson learned.

Shirley

There you go - lots of advice!!! I personally love the Circle Lord set-up and all of the templates that come with it. I should just sell my Hartley Fence, I don't use it, even forget I have it sometimes..... I guess I am more used to the CL. Like you said, what ever you use, you can learn to love it - or not - if it is a real pain!! Good Luck on whatever you choose!!

Archived