Quiltazoid at MQS?!?

So any of you lucky dogs at MQS see the Quiltazoid booth yet?? Just wondering how it's going for them and what you think??

Me--I am at home doing some dishes, baking some

Smore bars and going outside to work in the garden some.

Wishing I was at MQS!!

Terri, I belong to other group chats, and no one has seen the QuiltaZoid. Can't figure out how out you would miss it, even at a big show. It's quite an obvious looking apparatus! :)

Adam and Linda told me they would be in contact after the show, so I guess we will be patient. No choices it looks like!:)

Kristina--yes I was a tester too--didn't get to play with it quite as much as I wanted to--as had an overload of customer quilts at the time--but the couple customer ones I used it on loved the results!!!

And Linda and Adam said they have improved on the prototype one that we have--so I can't wait to see all the designs that it will make.

--I have several ideas swirling around in my head--and I would really like to get them out to make room for something else!!:D:D

I went by their booth several times and they usually had someone there. I did also go in for information.

To me it seemed to be a slow show except at the Superior Threads booth.

I saw a lot of familiar names from this group on the quilts displayed. I didn't stay for the winners announcement.

I did the entire show, vendors and quilt show in under four hours.

I got to buy the first set of Pat Berry's new templates. They make a serpentine line that is even. Instead of the ruler being even and making lopsided quilting lines.

Got Linda Taylors crosshatch discs, just hope my foot isn't too high that it falls out of the hole.

Yes, I have been to MQS at Overland Park Convention center. In fact, I purchased an APQS longarm there. Right near the APQS booth, Linda and Adam were set up with the QuiltaZoid. I was very impressed with the product, especially the ability to operate it from the front of the machine. I took their literature, and next year, I plan to look into adding this accessory to my machine. It looks similar to the Circle Lord, but seems more affordable, and easier to use. I figured I'd better learn to use my new machine before piling on the accessories!:P

I will add that everytime I went by them - they seemed busy! Somebody was looking and playing and that Millie was just a humming away! I do love my Circle Lord though - but I also like the fact that this is used from the front of the machine......

I still get out the Spiro-graphs and make designs with the girls now and then, and this critter brought back memories of that - looks like a fun tool!

Welcome, Zora, to the APQS Chat. I hope that you will come often and when you finish projects, we love to see pictures. This group is really an encouragement to everyone, helpful when we need answers and always quick to give us a good word when we need it. And you are right to learn how your machine runs before putting a lot of attachements and gadgets on it. Have fun. When will you get your APQS? And which model did you get? You will find a lot of help here when you get going on your new machine. Glad tht you are here.

Hi PattyJo,

I got the Millenium, with some extra bells and whistles (Quilt Glide, Microhandles) I plan to add the Hartley fence or maybe the Quiltazoid or Circle Lord in the future. I think my husband can make a light bar, since he is pretty handy. The machine came with auto advance, and now, an 8 year parts/labor warranty, which is what set this machine apart from any competition. Myrna Ficken did the sales presentation, and you couldn't ask for a better demo. I have been doing heirloom machine quilting on my home machine...a Viking 870, which is a larger machine. I love the quilting part of the process much more than the piecing and I really hate the cutting part! My interest is heirloom quilting, and that's where I plan to specialize when I become proficient, although I doubt I will ever achieve "show quality" results. I am looking forward to receiving my machine in a couple months. We need to finish the room in the basement where it will live, and now that the machine is on order, my husband will have to become "inspired"..or else. Myrna told me about this web site, and I am looking forward to talking with other longarm quilters. I have already gleaned a bit of information for when I begin quilting for others, although my goal is only to quilt enough to make my payments after the initial learning phase. Since I have done machine quilting on my domestic, maybe my learning curve will be shorter, although the technique is very different. I am pretty committed to learning, as I am not getting any younger! This decision has been 8 years in the making, and economy be damned, I'm going to be an longarm quilter!

Welcome Zora. You will find that this is a great group. All friends and very willing to help in any way. I know that you are going to love your milli. Have you picked out a name yet? Not everyone names them but I did, she is "JJ." We love pictures so be sure to post them so we can ooh and aaah over them.

Pamela

Zora - Congratulations on your new Milie!! You will LOVE quilting with this machine!! I did get to play with the Quilt glide during a class at MQS. Wish it could be added in and retro-fitted on older models - plus the new lighting - LOVE IT TOO!!!

Don't EVER say you can't quilt to "Show Quality" standards - YES you can!! Actually - you probably already ARE!!!! After going to MQS and looking very close at the quilts, I will probably be sending quilts next year. I CAN this!! Maybe I won't get a ribbon, but I know my bindings are NEVER fraying off of the quilts..... :o I saw a couple of those.....

I am for the first time, entering in the MN Quilt show in Duluth this year. Good starting point I thought. What part of the world do you live in??

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I live in Missouri, just east of Kansas City about 30 miles. I see there are folks who would like to go to MQS in 2010. When the time gets closer, I'd love to arrange to meet you ladies, and could even accomodate a guest or two here at the old homestead! I am looking for a longarm guild here in the area also, but already I have found some very useful information on the forums. I'm happy to have found you all.

There were some ladies from the MO - KS Longarm Quilting Quild (not sure of the whole REAL name) selling chances for a raffle quilt there. I spoke with one for a bit and she said they had over 100 members and have great Nationally know speakers coming to their guild meetings.... you should check into that. Sounds fun!! :)

Hi Everyone.

We just got home from the show, (and we're dead tired) but we wanted to check the chat line. We haven't had access since we left for the show. We'll post more soon, but we wanted to send a quick note to say thank you to all the wonderful people we met at the show, and to all of you here who have been thinking about us. The show went really well, and it seems like the Quiltazoid got a lot of attention. We sold a few units and had a great time (although we're probably not the best sales people). Again, thank you all.

Linda and Adam

Archived