MQS Magnifier Purchase

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not like the MQS purchase perhaps, but I bought a round magnifier with a flexible neck, a bright light, and a clamp that fits on my Milli handles--at Michaels for less than $15 (with a coupon). I recently saw the same exact item at Joann's for $9.99 in their "Essentials" line. I thinks Bonnie B has that one. I can take a picture of mine if anyone is interested.

Thanks, Ladies...I knew you'd all pitch in!!:D

Sheri, the clamp looks small..what do you clamp it to? The handles on the Milli seem to big for the clamp to work properly. Will you take a picture of how you have yours attached?

Joanne, I have a head-type magnifier that I use for frogging, but it doesn't work when you're more than a few inches away from what you're doing. I'd be a hunchback if I wore it and tried to quilt:P:P

Mine isn't as fancy as that one, and it didn't cost as much as it either, but it does work for me.....

Got it at JoAnn's for about $10.00...and it actually is clapped to the light, doesn't hurt the light and the light doesn't get warm enough to hurt the plastic clamp.

post--13461901895423_thumb.jpg

bonnie

is that a 2x maginification? I looked online at Hancock Fabrics (we don't have a Joanne's pretty much the same difference) it was 13.88 and looked the same. Just hoping the clamp will open enough to fit on the handles like yours does.

It's at least that powerful...I'm sorry Jeanne I don't have the wrapping any longer....the clamp will open up at least 2 inches and maybe a bit more....well large enough to fit over the lamp.

The great thing I liked about this one is that joints pop off so you can shorten up the length if that is to long for you.

I have the same thing as Bonnie and it clamps fine to the handles on my milli. I don't know what magnification it is. I'm not running home either because it would take me 14 hours to get there! We're having a wet day at the beach but that is ok. All my company left today. My friend is still here but they have their own beach house. We just got home from strolling through one of the little towns shops down on the water. I'm actually ready for a nap.

Heidi

I thought you were back home already, You certainly did not bring very good weather along for your vacation. Seems you must have brought this rain, so go home already so we can get our sunshine back:o

Just kidding I hope the weather clears up soon for you. Looks pretty much the same for the next few days though!

Jeanne,

LOL this is the weather I hated most when we lived here! The roads at the beach flood so badly. It is ok though. I'm tired and the rain is restful. My daughter is driving home as we speak. I'll sleep better tonight once I know she is home safe! I hate her driving all that way alone. My BIL and SIL will be following her for most of the trip. She will go alone for 2 hrs more. I talked to her a while ago and it seemed like it was going slow but I wasn't allowed to ask or she thought I would jinx her! LOL she is a funny girl!

my daughter and boyfriend just got back from Buffalo for the long weekend. She texted me to say she was there and then home again. I would be worried if she had gone alone as well. They left from Charlotte. so when you you heading back north?

Hey, Bonnie...is that quilt done yet that was on when you took the picture? I love red/white quilts...I want to see it when you've finished.

Heidi, you're not at work, so going home doesn't count. I just had to give MB an excuse to leave work and go home...I was just be helpful; not in the least selfish;)

Where are you?? I'm assuming South Carolina somewhere??

Thunderstorms here for the last few days in the west. I LOVE thunderstorms, especially now. Its much too early for them to start a fire, so I can sit on the porch and enjoy the rain. Well, I could sit on the porch, but since I'm at work I have to settle for opening the window.

Originally posted by DoryJM

Hey, Bonnie...is that quilt done yet that was on when you took the picture? I love red/white quilts...I want to see it when you've finished.

Dory that is the quilt that I had hanging at MQX... go to the blog and you will see come close ups of it.

Archived