NQR - I'm again asking for prayer

Patty Jo,

LOL at least you can laugh about it now! Interviews are so stressful to begin with! I hate when they give tests! By the way it was driving me crazy and I just had to know the number...20! You have to dig way back to your algebra days 45% x = 9 then to solve for x you would divide both sides by .45 so 9 divided by .45 = 20! I don't think if I didn't do my current job I would have remembered how to do that either! I still had to think about it!

Keep the positive attitude! If it is meant to be it will be! Have a margarita and call it a day!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen to that!!! (but I will say another prayer for you too!!)

Heidi - LOL!!!!! I would just ask my 12 year old who is doing 10th grade math already..... she brought home a paper for us to sign saying she could move up a level the next school year..... she gets it from her Dad - indeed!!

Originally posted by PattyJo

they wanted me to do a math test!!! Addition, Subtraction, Multiply & Divide and that was all good until they wanted to know the answers to a whole lot of story problems. Well -----------I may have gotten a few of them right, but I couldn't figure out what 45% of what number equals 9!

:P:D I bet they loved you!! ;) :cool:

Hey, you know how I would have done. Next time take a cell phone and call Mrs. Margie! She would help you get through it. That is my plan for my next math test. ;)

OK, I'm home from the interview .......I couldn't figure out what 45% of what number equals 9! .....I left her laughing because I asked her if she was a math teacher wanna be.....

Well, Patty, I gotta tell you that if you had her laughing then she likes you! :) The most important thing in an interview is to leave a lasting impression... You did that in spades! :P I'll bet you're on her tippy top list of candidates, for sure. Really. Laughter is the best cure for anything. You dun good!

GOOD GOING AT THAT INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

My eyes would have glazed over on those math questions, too...

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Hey, you know how I would have done. Next time take a cell phone and call Mrs. Margie! She would help you get through it. That is my plan for my next math test. ;)

That's a good idea! Next time you're in an interview and have to crunch numbers, stop and ask the interviewer if you can "phone a friend" LOL!! :P

Heidi - I knew that if I put that question out there, someone would do the math for me.:P LOL:P Maybe I should call her and let her know that I've got friends that I could call if that comes up again!!!

LOL like Shana said Phone a friend is a really good idea!!!! You would have really had laughing!

Originally posted by hmerrill

Heidi - I knew that if I put that question out there, someone would do the math for me.:P LOL:P Maybe I should call her and let her know that I've got friends that I could call if that comes up again!!!

LOL like Shana said Phone a friend is a really good idea!!!! You would have really had laughing!

Ha!! That's what I was thinking too....phone a friend!!:P Bless your heart, Patty Jo!! Iwould have had trouble with the plain ol' multiplying and division!! you don't use it.....you loose it!!! :D linda

Well Patty Jo, it sounds like your interview was just exactly what it needed to be, honest, you were your wonderful self, tears and all and I am sure that made a positive impression. Now, like you say, it is in His hand.

I love the "call a friend" idea. Just put Heidi on speed dial

No matter how is goes if you don't end up with this job, you'll know that "where are you going to be in 5 years" is going to come up. And you can practice your answer. Maybe something like "happy in my job that is challenging my knowledge and continued learning and enjoying friends and family". JMHO.

Brendalee

Good luck on getting the job. I also thought about the phone a friend!! Seems she could of at least have given you a calculator. ;). If this isn;t the right job for you, you will be directed to the one meant for you. One thing is certain. You put your faith in the right hands...His!!!

i had an interview a few weeks ago... it was for a part-time job... doing everything i've done in my most recent job (that i held for 25 years!)... she asked me that same question... where do i see myself in 5 years? why do they ask that question? i quit a job that i held for 25 years... i've had my 'career' job... currently i'm looking for a part-time job to help with the 'extras' and my... ummm hobby... i'm not looking to advance in my career... anyway, i told her that i was hoping to be retired with my husband in a comfortable place... maybe hawaii... well.. i didn't get the job... maybe i should have told her the truth... i only want a part time job for 6 months.. until i'm old enough to start collecting my social security!! anyway... good luck with your job search... it's tough out there... even my granddaughters are having a tough time!

Archived