NQR - I'm again asking for prayer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patty, I'm with you. May God guide your decision. I agree with everyone here. Quilting is fun and challenging but can be lonely. A job can be stressfull but then there's money for gadgets and fabric. Usually, a job brings more friends and maybe that one person who listens and becomes you BFF.:cool: Remember, most things good are worth a try, you can always leave the job, if it doesn't work out.

Patty Jo, I know how closely you walk with our God and I know you will hear His voice directing you. We are all sending prayers for wisdom. Sometimes, not just one thing changes in our lives but several and it seems you are on that path. Know that you have a family here that is always available.

Keep us informed please.

Guest Linda S

Best wishes for getting the job Patty! Benefits are a big deal at our age. Gotta have 'em! I was going to retire on December 1, but with the market the way it is, I'm going to have to keep at the full time job for a few more years.

Hi Pat -

I wish you the best for getting the job, Pat, but will this mean you can't join our Design Divas? I'm sorry I had to run off last Tuesday -- hopefully, I will not have any more bad appliance karma. Next time you are in town, lets go to lunch so we can catchup!

Go for it!

Love,

Jill

OK, I'm home from the interview - it went well until she asked me the question "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I don't even know what I'm doing next week......So I did the thing I really hoped I wouldn't do and started crying! I then had to tell her about DH's passing last Nov. Then I told her I didn't want her sympathy vote, and tried to get a grip on these old emotions with a laugh. That all went well until she gave me 2 sheets of paper - they wanted me to do a math test!!! Addition, Subtraction, Multiply & Divide and that was all good until they wanted to know the answers to a whole lot of story problems. Well -----------I may have gotten a few of them right, but I couldn't figure out what 45% of what number equals 9! So there you have it. I left her laughing because I asked her if she was a math teacher wanna be! She assured me that even she didn't know all the answers to the questions that they asked me. She will be doing interviews thru the middle of next week and will call all the applicants and let them know yes or no. If I get this job, it will be a good thing. If I don't get this job, it will be a good thing. Either way, I will definately keep you posted. :cool:

I wouldn't be surprised if they call you back...they are only seeing how you react underpressure with those types of test...its not so much if you get the answers right its how you handle yourself. In the real world we all use calculators and very little hands on math.

Good luck as I said before...its now in Gods hands and what happens is the thing that's meant to be. If you don't get this job, there is always another one waiting for you down the street.

Archived