NQR - I'm again asking for prayer

Ok - first off this isn't a health issue unless eating is good for your health! :) and it takes $ to have food on the table! Right?

I've been made aware of an awesome job possibility. It is a full time position with full benifits here in Salem. I've been trying to decide if I need to find a job or continue trying make it on quilting and have mentioned it to a few friends. This job came to my attention last Friday and today have been putting together a resume which I will be faxing in today.

I would appreciate your prayers about this. I love quilting, but I have to face the facts that I just don't make enough income to make all the ends meet. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(((( I am thinking POSITIVE thoughts for you Patty Jo! ))))

Best wishes!

Best wishes!

Best wishes!

Best wishes!

Best wishes!

PS: Make sure you include a cover letter that tailors exactly to the position you are aming for. Also if you can google the company to get a little more info that could be an ace up your sleeve. :)

Quilting for a living can be a great job, but it can also be a lonely job! I think you should go with all your gusto for this job and if it was meant to be it will be....and if not then you have gained knowledge and experience and met some new people!

Gotta in my prayers.

Brendalee

The possibility of working full time and quilting will not be easy, but you can do it, and one will help with the other... My sincere wishes for you to receive your dream. May God grant you with this wish, and help relieve some stress.

Along with the prayer, a little sisterly advice from one who's been there: You are at a point in your life when everything probably seems to be changing very rapidly, & it can be confusing. I think a drastic change in your daily routine would be a very good thing. Who knows where it will lead, but if it is a job that you find interesting, and in it you can do some good for others as well as yourself, and also get out into the world and be around interesting people, then you have nothing to lose. What's the worst thing that can happen? If you hate it, you can always quit. Just don't forget to check in with us regularly, and get some quilting done on the weekends. Whatever you decide, best of luck to you.

I can't give you any better advice than you've already gotten. I always beleive that things happen for a reason and if it's meant to be it will. God will take you down the path that you're intended for if you only listen (which you do).

Long and short of it.....you have my prayers as always.

Patty Jo,

There are some benefits you can get from a job that you just don't get from quilting. Yes, I loved quilting too, but since I have started this job I am able to "live" instead of barely squeek by. A steady pay check is a good thing. Do the quilting in your spare time and only do it for enjoyment, don't make it a 2nd job, or you will start to hate it.

If this job is meant to be...then it will be....I'm praying for you!!

Well, I took my resume (completed today) to the job location. Only about 5 miles from my house and a 15 min commute -mid day, not rush hour. When I handed my resume to the person who will be making the decision of who to hire, she said that she would be calling me to set up an appointment for an interview later this week. If this is where I'm suppose to be, then this job is mine, but if this isn't where I'm suppose to be, then that's ok too. I just want to be where God wants me to be. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. Blessings on all of you.:)

Archived