border has me stumped

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shannon, my spare room can be converted to a guest room with loads of eye candy for quilters.. most any time..

Your quilt turned out just plain sumptious, mine however, is off the leaders and going to sew day for the gals to undo, and THE gal to redo most of the borders, and give her the news it will not be done by Tues. Unless she gets it finished today. She never did bring me the backing. The corner tolds in the picture are actually the excess, not just being held up funny. The further I went the worse it got.

Yours really is beautiful..

Claire, I'm right down in Sanford.. about 70 or so miles from you, maybe not quite that far, maybe a bit further.

I go up to Ye Old Forest at least once a month, have supper with them somewhere and get in a good visit. They are moving should be in new place by Cracker Barrell and WalMart on a two word named Road/Street, starting with Elm-???

Would love to meet up.

RitaR

Shannon,

I keep seeing panto's here. I surely hope you are in process of working with a production company so that these can be used by me. and others who need an assist.

Seriously.

I had forgotten that the highway goes both ways because I haven't had a vacation, BUT now.... I definately have a quilting destination in mind. I just thought with you comming up here you could earn $ by teaching long arm classes that I'd set up. Cheaper for you then to come here. See, I'm persistant, not always consistant...... :)

Love the beauty, and intuition of your quilting, always.

Shannon, love what you've drawn. I think it would look fantastic. My original thoughts were go to the work of following the motif, next: piano keys--elegant look that let's the fabric shine, then: 60 degree crosshatch--the more diamond shape looks very classy. If the rest of the quilt it dense custom, then I would stick with what you've drawn. Pretty quilt!

Rita - I go to Ye Olde Forest also. I haven't been in a while because Randy's is so much more convenient in Greensboro for me, but their new location sounds great. I know where that is - Elm Eugene right at the exit off of the new I40. We should try to meet there sometime.

Archived