"befeathered" by Claudia Pheil

Hi Wendy,

Your feathers are wonderful!

What a pity I couldn't stay in Krefeld for the feather class ... Claudia is a very good teacher and I think You are a really gifted and talented quilter!

Wish you still a lot of fun with your beautiful feathers!

Greetings from

Hi you all,

I'm getting blushes on my cheecks from all your compliments. First, I'm am a newbee at longarming but I just love those feathers, so they are my first in my learning curve. Secondly I had a very good teacher! She learned us to only draw the stem and do the rest freehand. I don't own templates yet, I only used Linda's rulers for the croshatching.

The rest is drawn with the use of plates and bowls. Unfortunately useless as templates, you cannot stitch around them. Finally the ppp pops in, I find improvement in every block, and because I try something new in every block the practicing is fun!

I used good quality cloth and batting and just sew away. I can always pick the best blocks, cut them out and sew them together in a quilt as you go kind of way. But so far I'm more or less satisfied with the result.

Love, Wendy

origineel gepost door Front Porch Quilting

Very pretty!!! Did you do this in SR mode? Sure wish Claudia would come to my house! Looks like a fun class.

Yes I did in the feathers, I also used the easy glide which came with the new millenium. No I did not in the background fillers I did in the first block.

<a  href=2787684840105163098S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

Wow Wendy, geweldig! Gorgeous!

We are so lucky that we are only 1 hour drive from Claudia's studio, and we are also only 1 hour away from you Wendy, so let us know when it's finished and we'll come over. Then we can report back here in the forum how beautiful it is :)

Loes

Talk about Quilt and Class envy!!! How I'd love to be able to take some classes. Maybe in a few years. Right now money and time is tight. I live many, mucho miles from anywhere so anything involving classes is many states away. It just makes me cry to see such beautiful work! Lucky and talented! Can't wait to see what's next!

Archived