look how pretty! (vent)

Its a good think your nose is four inches from it...I'm not sure I would be able to see to quilt that....darker colors are getting harder and harder for me to quilt.....that is unless I have tons of light shinning on the fabric. Like you said it won't show, but once its washed and dried, the texture will be there...so its not totally lost.

holly- don't get disouraged (i didn't mean to be) - just don't choose a thread that MATCHES so well....i had picked out a warmer colored purple (it photoed more blue, but it is a violet purple) and she said she didn't want the thread to show.....i knew i was in trouble right there.

i'm just in a mood i guess....yeah, that's my story.

and i will take her money and smile real pretty and continue smiling to the bank...(but in a on-the-fence-moment: i still like for my feathers to show....all that work...)

Yeah,,, I know what you mean about all that work and it doesn't show much. Is the backer a more solid design that shows the quilting?

PS: Yesterday, I was telling a friend of mine (who owns a quilt shop) about your clever design to make bags made from recycled dog food sacks and I also mentioned your sign "Money doesn't buy me happiness but it does buy me fabric and fabric makes me happy." She got a good giggle from it. I think I am going to make her a little wallhanging with that saying on it and she can hang it on the wall in her shop. :D

Shannon, keep doing your beautiful stuff. I love your zest for life and your fun creativity.

Shannon I have done 3 blooming 9-patch quilts (also referred to Muckled 9-patch here). On all the ones I have done I have quilted a leafy E2E panto, they are so busy otherwise. I understand your fustrations, we all try to please our customer and give them advise on how their quilts should be quilted and what would look best. But in the end the customer gets what they pay for, even if we don't agree with them.

Archived