Myrna Ficken Classes in NW Oct 23-26

Attention, Attention, Attention.

Myrna Ficken is coming to my house in Portland, Oregon to teach us a ton of great classes! Space is limited to 6 people per class and she is offering a special if you take all 4 days! Unbelievable pricing for fabulous training. Please call her to reserve your space.

See her web page for Class Descriptions.

Creating Spaces October 23, 2009 Cost: 200.00

Full day. This is a combination class with Creating Spaces and Rulers and Fillers

Just Do It I & II October 24th Cost: 200.00

Full Day.

Gotta Love Those Samplers! October 25th Cost 100.00

½ DAY

Need Ideas, How Do I Quilt This? October 25th Cost$100.00

½ day

Fowlproof Feather October 26th Cost 200.00

Full day (hands on class)

MAJOR SPECIAL! Do all 4 full days for ONLY 700.00 that's a $100.00 savings. Wow, 4 Full days of small group classes!

Myrna Ficken

A Quilter's Choice

APQS~Sales~Service~Educator

435-229-2703

www.aquilterschoice.com

myrnaf@q.com

I can't wait, I had to miss her last time for work, but not this time!!!!!

Awwwww. Y'all are so lucky. Myrna is just the best. You will get every dollar worth out of these classes. She is the most fabulous teacher. I just might have to take fowlproof. Even if I don't have Lola with me, I can play on my friend's machine (right Brenda, LOL). Millenium, the classes are literally minutes off the major north south freeway bypass running around Portland. So easy to get to her house. About 25 minutes from the airport. 20 minutes from I-5 right of the 205 bypass. About 20 minutes from I-84 where it comes meets up with the 205. Very very easy and you will NOT regret taking classes from Myrna.

My not so humble opinion. :D:D:D:D:D

You will definitely enjoy Myrna's classes.....and learn lots.

I refer to her handouts often....and rewatch her DVDs periodically. The DVDs are great "refreshers" after the training is done.

If you don't have all the DVDs, she usually brings some with her, so you won't have to pay shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Come join me Myrna Ficken and my hostess

Brendalee Haunschild

13187 S. Moccasin Way

Oregon City, Or 97045

503-650-7505 (for directions only)

435-229-2703 or myrnaf@q.com (to register for classes)

Just Do It I & II October 23th Cost: $150.00

Full Day.

This is a beginner to intermediate level class in which you will learn some fun techniques. I’ll teach you fillers, flowers, and all kinds of jazzy, funky, cool freehand designs that can be used on any quilt. Fast and easy edge-to-edge designs to some thinking “outside of the box.” We’ll work with border design and carry parts of the design into the sashings and blocks. We’re going to spend some time on stitching in the ditch and alternatives. Bring quilts for discussion as time allows. This is a busy class, loaded with lots of great ideas!!

Creating Spaces October 24, 2009 Saturday Cost: $150.00

Full day. This is a combination class with Creating Spaces and Rulers and Fillers

The part of this class is a design class and we will be drawing on paper and fabric. Bring blue water soluble pens if you want to keep you masterpiece and wand off any marks.

This is an intermediate level class. One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it, I’ll teach you how. You can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to help you create spaces then discover what to do in these spaces to enhance your quilt. See how easy it is to use tools that you may already own and learn to use whatever you might have on hand! I teach you background filler to use around your designs and other places. You have permission to have FUN in this class

Gotta Love Those Samplers! October 25th Cost 100.00 Both for $150.00

½ DAY

This is a beginner/intermediate level class in which I’ll teach you my method of working a sampler from start to finish. Learn how to analyze, stabilize, and handle every block with confidence. I will show you different designs to use in black. Handouts will be provided for drawing. You’ll see samplers in a whole new light! If you have abandoned block laying around bring one or two and I will demo on a couple if time permits.

Need Ideas, How Do I Quilt This? October 25th Cost $100.00

½ day

Has this ever crossed your mind? What am I going to do on this quilt? Bring your tops that have you stumped and at a loss. I'll share my ideas for quilting them. You will be amazed once you see it through different eyes and get your creativity rolling. You've seen quilts hanging at shows and said, "I would have never thought of that or what a great way to do this". But you just can't see it when you are standing in front of the quilt you have to do NOW. Bring those tops; I have so many ideas to energize your imagination.

Fowlproof Feather October 26th Cost $150.00

Full day (hands on class)

This is an intermediate level class, but confident beginners should accept this class as a bit of a challenge. So many feathers….so little time! Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat --- everybody loves feathers and everybody has heir own style! We’re going to get started with the most simple feather designs and we’ll jazz them up until they sizzle! I’ll show you techniques for swags and wreaths and adding decorative threads. It’s all designed to make those feather designs blaze on your quilts! Bring your imagination, pencil and paper along with a full dose of energy and attitude

See you there, Myrna

To register please call Myrna @ 435-229-2703 or 301-725-2057

I wish I could go, but since I signed up for a bunch of classes at Innovations, thats about all I can do this year. But I do have a spare king bed upstairs if someone needs a place to stay. I'm in SE Portland, close to Gresham but it isn't hard to get to the freeway from here.

I also have 2 day beds in one room down stairs. So if anyone needs, they are welcome. Unless you're coming to see my house, then, no way. LOL

If you don't mind 2 very friendly dogs and a cat, that think they get no attention at all.

Debbie

Archived