Labor Day weekend

I know many people have BBQ's, go boating or do something fun when they can get a long weekend off work.....

And then there are the crazy people like me & my husband who ripped up carpet and installed about 900 square feet of wood flooring for days. After we got the living room done DH says "You know what would have looked really good? A quilt design on the floor."

Here's my son, Josh who spent all day Friday helping us.

post--13461902556399_thumb.jpg

It looks very nice. We pulled up carpet and found oak floors underneath. We love them, so much better than carpet and easier to clean.

I see your machine is on casters. Do you have any problems with it moving? We have put carpet pads under the feet with a piece of wood and it still vibrates in the middle.

Your flooring is beautiful -- would you believe that is exactly what my DH and I did this weekend - actually we've been 3 weeks at it. We put on new walls, 450 12" ceiling tiles; and Saturday night we ripped up carpeting and old hardwood. We are down to the plywood. After reading directions for the flooring it said to let it "cure" for 72 hours in your house? Did you do that? We are ready to lay and now have to wait...anxious to hear of your experiences and advice. How did you handle doorways and going from tile to hardwood? You can direct e-mail me: sharon@weinmaninsurance.com. Thanks for any/all hints and tips.

Sharon

Debbie,

My wheels have locks on them or the whole thing would move if you lean against the rails. I haven't got to even plug it back in yet as we were still putting things back where they belong.

Sharon,

We've been at it almost 2 whole weeks. The guest bedroom and bathroom still have tons of sewing room stuff piled high.

We laid hardwood in our master bedroom last Oct. It is easy except for the getting up and down. We did let ours "Cure." We just put the boxes in the room for a few days before we laid the floor. They just want the moisture in the room to be the same as in the wood. This Oct, Nov, Dec we are doing the dining room, hall, and 2 more bedrooms. I guess I'll leave the stained ole carpet that's in the sewing room stay. It's clean, just stained and not smelly sooooo........

Originally posted by yankiequilter

Nice job! The floors look great! We have hardwood, also, and I love it. It's fun to see the dog try to get traction on the hardwood and break into a run :P The legs are going, but he isn't - it's like a cartoon! :P

I have two little shitzus and it's hilarious to watch them chase each other around the living room on the hard wood floor. :D

April, your floors are beautiful! You've done a fabulous job.

I think your wood floors look great!! My MIL passes away in July and we have bought the family home......My DH pulled up the living room amd parlour carpets and discovered the carpet layers had glued the carpets down. We want to refinish the floors and had someone come and sand a small area just to see if the glue would come up....LOOK WHAT WE FOUND!!!!! :D Now I have to paint and have everything done so he can do the floors later this month.

Janette

post--13461902560063_thumb.jpg

Archived