Garage Sale Day

I know I know, I am a glutton for punishment, but it would be nice to get rid of a few more things!!!

Still when a suitcase is 3.00 and they want a break, what you want it for free? commmonnnnnnn!!!!

Any one in KC, I have some quilt fabric and patterns for sale

Stamps, punches & Stickers too!!!!

5409 W 132nd Terrace OP KS

133& Nall. Follow the signs

Today and tomorrow

8-4pm

Hate having them also. I usually just give everything to our church for garage sale weekend. However, I am having a fabric sale tomorrow to hopefully get rid of some of my fabric inventory. Though my studio really doesn't have the space for it, when I first started 5 yrs ago in this small town, all of the quilters were wanting fabric. Thankfully I didn't spend too much on the investment because they certainly didn't flock my way. And since then, another lady has opened a store. The local quilters still don't flock to her. She has exactly the same brands as the "quilt shops" but, they would rather spend +$8 yd versus +$4 yd. Me, I just want my space back.

My sister came over at 7 am yesterday and helped me go thru everything that had been pulled out of the sewing room to lay the new wood floors. We cleaned out and disposed of 13 tubs and 4 drawers of fabric, yarn and miscellaneous stuff. Eight bags of fabric are going to the church ladies who make Hospice lap quilts. Toys were handed down to the next generation. And 6 bags went to Goodwill this morning. Sis was there until 4:30 yesterday and told me I'm not allowed to buy anything in Paducah next year. :(

Linnea,

It was actually my older sister who laid down the law. But I have 13 empty tubs and 2 whole shelves in the sewing closet that are empty, plus my guest room closet has a little space leftover even though we got all the grandkids toys we kept in that closet. My DH says he can't remember the last time the guest room looked so clean.

Julia, you are brave. I am too impatient to have a garage sale. I give my stuff to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Twice a year a lot of our neighbors get together and have a yard sale and after the first couple years of asking me, they don't even bother mentioning it because they know I won't participate. So it's always funny waking up and finding most of the neighbors are having sales, except for us:P

Archived