quiltazoid / circlelord

Penelope--The concept between the two is the same--you have to decide if you are more comfortable working from the front of the machine versus the back--I just like working from the front--which is why I went with the QZ--and have loved my decision. Love making circles from the front--have the HF too--but this makes circles so much easier and totally perfect dead on returning to the starting point. I used the crosshatching template last week--wow--that was easy--made me wonder why I hesitated to try it!!

Both can make circles, designs with templates and both have a stylus setup to do long template board desings on the back of the table.

It is a lot of money to invest either way--just decide where you like to work best--front or back.

Have fun!!

I have the Quiltazoid and wouldn't trade it. There are so many design options that come with the basic unit that you aren't limited from the start. IF you get the spirograph attachment then you have even more designs not only spirographs but you can even make all those designs look like celtic designs. I think dollar for dollar the Quiltazoid offers more options and I love the fact that I can work from the front. Adam and Linda are so wonderful to work with and Adam is always willing to help and guide you along. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Oh dear, another tool. I am so not happy with my CL. it doesn't matter what I do, the stitching never lines up where it is supposed to. The only good thing about it is the circle maker to use as my base for wreaths, I do them freehand now, better line up then with the template but such a hassle to set up for just a circle. I wish I lived in an are where you can go and try these things out before buying.

Monika,

I'm so sorry that you are disappointed with your CL. I know that it is a big investment. Have you tried to contact the manufacturer about your issues?

So far I like working from the front and am interested in the quiltazoid. I don't think that I'll be getting one for awhile, though (unless I win the lottery - lol).

Monika,

Kristina is right that you do have a lot of control from the front. I don't have any problems with lining up my designs, unless of course I have a blond moment and forget to tighten something down. Really I think that within a day you can be very comfortable with using the Quiltazoid tools. I love that there is little set-up. I can take it on and off in a matter of minutes.

I may be wrong, but there is one very important element here between the two ---isn't there. You need a leveling bar or what is sometimes termed a "dead bar" on your frame for the QuiltaZoid, right?

You don't need one for the Circle Lord. I know I couldn't buy a QuiltaZoid for my Ultimate II when I owned it because I didn't have that "leveling bar". I also don't think I can buy a QuiltaZoid for my new Prodigy machine that I've ordered, it also lacks a leveling bar.

That leveling bar/dead bar is a very important factor from what I understand, if any brand of frame does not have it, the QuiltaZoid is not a good option.

Angie,

I'm not sure if Adam has come up with new ways of attaching the Quiltazoid without the leveler bar. You are correct that the current set-up connects to the leveler bar. You can however also use the Quiltazoid from the back of the machine so that would solve that problem if you don't have the option of working from the front.

Angie,

Yes the main base would sit across the frame of the back and there is a bracket that attaches to the machine head that holds the stylus. I didn't even put the bracket on the back so I can't show you how it would work. I'm swamped at the moment since I'm getting ready to go to Camp Mowana in a little over a week :D:D:D:D I thought there was a picture of the rear mount on the website but I can't find it. I know most want the front mount. I'll see if I have a picture in my handouts with the rearmount or maybe Linda or Adam have one. I'll email them and ask.

I just ordered the Quiltazoid. I thought I would prefer it over the CL as I can work from the front. I do like the fact that you can lift the stylus with the CL for crosshatching now. That's a neat feature. The Quiltzaoid looks user friendly. I think once you learn how to use either one you buy, you'll be happy with it. They're great tools! I have an HF but found it more difficult to use. So anybody that wants one, contact me!:P

Merry Jo,

I'm so excited for you. You are going to have so much fun. I suggest that you load a practice piece and try out a different feature at a time. If you try to do them all at one time you might feel overwhelmed...of course I had to do them all! LOL You can easily lift the stylus while doing the cross hatching. I didn't have any problems holding up the stylus while I backtracked and I did it for hours! Just remember to loosen the pressure on the stylus so that it isn't too tight, just enough to hold it into the slot. Also don't let yourself get frustrated. If you can't figure something out or are having difficulty call Adam. He is wonderful at helping you out. Of course you can always contact me too. I've had a lot of fun with mine!

Archived