there was a crash in the night...

I'm with you Shannon, I don't like to be rushed it interferes with creativity. But I do have a shelf that I bag the quilts and then pile them up and I am now resorting to using the floor as I have 20 yes 20 quilts to do, the custom ones are the most fun and have taken so much of my time but I try to throw in some E2E's just for the income in between the custom quilts and like you said, for the mental break. Most of my customers understand and say anytime is ok, although I do have the occasional baby, wedding, show quilts to do, but they usually give me plenty of time, cause I have said no to some last minute ones that were poor planning on the piecing part.

Glad to see that you are back up and running and drying out!

Forgot to add, one Christmas Eve a few years ago I awoke to a horrific noise that I thought someone was shooting at our house (bang, bang, crash, bang, bang). We ran to the kitchen (where the back door is) only to find several quart jars of tomato juice crashing, breaking, and spilling all over the kitchen carpet and linoleum from two shelves breaking. We were tired puppies Christmas morning after cleaning up that mess. My DH re-enforced those shelves before I was allowed to put any more of my homemade canned goods in that storage space.:D

Shannon - OMG!! I know which closet that is - you showed me when I was over the other day! What did the dogs do when the crash occurred!!!

BTW Ladies, Shannon's customers are very loyal and are willing to wait for her work. If you could see the program from our recent big quilt show - Shannon had more quilts in the show then any one else. ITs time for her to go national!!!!!!

Archived