there was a crash in the night...

i'm sure it was the weight- i carried them all up on monday and i was surprised how in bulk they were HEAVY! makes me respect closet rods a little more...

they all aren't customer quilts...see the thick one towards the middle that has golden fabric? from there right are JUST my tops....

hi my name is shannon and i'm a quiltaholic....

it's okay. davis can fix it. davis can fix anything...(and i test that everyday):D

I think this photo invites us all to share what's happening in our closets! I wil try and get a picture of mine tomorrow! Just for now, imagine a wardrobe rail full of both my quilts and customers quilts, and more underneath, and more in another cupboard!

But thankfully my rail is holding up for now! And I've got another two customers coming tomorrow...where's another hanger?

Whilst we're talking about back log ( which is understandable for me as I've been getting used to my new Millie-Tillie), I've decided to do all over quilts at the beginning of the month, then do some custom work after that, aiming to finish by the end of the month, then repeat the whole process. I'm hoping this will reduce waiting time for customers who want quick quilts, and get the payments flowing a bit better.

Catch you soon,

Shelley

i do mostly custom work, so my customers are very understanding....they are very forgiving of my 'artist's personality' (i work on what i feel like working on) that's why i love my clients! they 'get' me...

that is not the closet where client quilts live...i have two wardrobe cabinets in my studio they live in.

i do a custom quilt, then a couple of E2E for a mental break...so E2Es technically have a faster turn around....i just do my thing....i don't like to feel pushed, rushed, or forced to work on something i'm not 'feeling'. it's my creative process and what keeps me smiling...and a happy me makes beautiful quilts!

Wow, that had to have woken up the house!

It looks like you have plastic holder on the hangers with customer information on them. What are they and do you like them? I have been using page protectors, but am looking for a different system. I put the hanger through the top hole of the protector, but after having to crawl around under the quilts looking for missing page protectors, I think I need a different system. :)

Oh Shannon, I had a real good laugh when I read your thread! I had that happen in one of our closets, but it was loaded with skating costumes and dresses I have made my daughter over the years. It was hilarious and stunning at the same time to realize there were that many hangers in there!

I would love to have a closet like yours, filled with quilts. Someday I hope I do, but for now I'll enjoy your closet! LOL! Way to go! :D:D:D:D:D

I feel the same way about being pushed and nagged and the fact that this is a creative process must be understood. I had a customer for the past few years who started nagging me about her king size custom quilts for Christmas. I've never delivered a quilt late and she just kept at it so I suggested she needed to find another quilter that could accommodate her worrying and with the completed quilt I returned her 2 unfinished quilts as well.

I had very mixed emotions about this but in the end my sanity had to come first. We parted amicably, and I know that I forfeited about $400. from those 2 quilts, BUT the pressure is off and I am just happily quilting all of the other quilts for my customers.

angela-

they are called 'job ticket holders' and they are very durable. they have a grommet hole at the top and i have a loop of yarn (to hang on the hanger) and a large safety pin (to attach it to the quilted quilt) through it. hold on i'd dig out where i get them and get a link.....mine hold a piece of paper folded in half...6" x 9"

*final jeopardy theme*

uline has them, and they have them in fun colors now....:(

link: http://www.uline.com/BL_801/Job-Ticket-Holders

Archived