Bottom Line Color That Goes With Everything?

I have taupe in prewounds. I use them for practice and some of my own quilts. They blend very well with most backings if it is a busy print. Gray would be my second choice in color.

I know I am super picky, maybe you're not. I do not use my pre-wounds for customer quilts. Because I do not like the smallest dot of the top or bottom thread (a different color) to be showing at the point of the stitch.

If you go to prewounds. You would find a separate bobbin case just for them to be a good idea. Otherwise you might have to tweak the bobbin case tension every time you switch between pre-wound and "home-wound" bobbins.

Finally, an advantage, the pre-wound will hold a tad more thread, so you do not change out as often.

vg

• 2 weeks later...

I bought prewounds from Marahton East out of the east coast. They were at MQS. I think the brand is NEB and they were $45 plus shipping for a gross. They work fantastic. They don't have many colors by the gross but they will get there. You can buy a plastic tube of a dozen colored (lav/white/blk/red whatever) for $4.95 a doz. Ship time was good too.

Archived