Quilt show and I won! - now with pictures

Heidi!!!

OMG! I'm in Los Angeles with my grandboyz and thought I'd just check to see what's goin' on...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! After seeing your daughters quilt in person, I am not at all surprised at all the accolades! You are an awesome quilter and completely deserve every bit of adulation from your quilting fans!!! and I am certainly one of them!

Great job, enjoy the love!

luv - b

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEIDI - BEAUTIFUL, JUST PLAIN BEAUTIFUL.....to see all those ribbons on your quilts. Happy, Happy, Happy day. Your work is outstanding and what a neat day to have it recognized. I also see a display case with a bunch of ribbons in it hanging in your studio. (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) - That is your standing "O";)

Wow at all the ribbons. You should have your own traveling trunk show and come to all the regional APQS/Moxie meetings!

Proud of you!

Heidi, I went to the original post and you mentioned that you did the embroidery in the center of the baby quilt with single thread floss. Do you mean you did the embroidery by HAND??? and you got the idea from Sew Beautiful magazine? What issue? I'm just wanting to clarify the detail just in case I want to make an heirloom baby quilt like yours:P Never in a million years would I be able to do that! Knowing the details and reading your story about the lady who thought it was in the fabric, makes us appreciate all the work that went in to it, and having won THE ribbon, WOW is all I can say.

post--13461902785666_thumb.jpg

Bonnie,

Yes I mean that I did it by hand. It really went pretty fast. I love hand work, just don't get enough time to do it! I'll have to find the issue again. Yes it was in Sew Beautiful but I don't recall which one it was in. I know that it was probably a year or 2 back from when I did this quilt. Really shadow embroidery looks impressive but it isn't much more than a backstitch. There are some french knots and lazy daisy stitches but nothing more than that! They now sell the digitized design for this design so if you have an embroider machine you could stitch it. It isn't shadow worked though like this is.

I haven't been able to to be in Chat for quite some time, so it was wonderful to start surfing and see your happy post.

How wonderful to have your excellent workmanship acknowledged! All your entries are lovely, but the baby quilt is simply outstanding.

Congratulations!

Carolyn

Thank you all so much! It is indeed a lasting high! Everytime I think about it I smile!

Carolyn - the baby quilt will always be one of my favorites! I did that quilt about 3 months after I got my Milli and I had only been machine quilting for just a year. My first machine I had for almost a year and it was an old rotary machine that had been stretched and put on a frame. I see lots of mistakes now when I look at the baby quilt but I will always cherish it! One day I will make another one.

Thanks again everybody for all the support!

Archived