Saddle stool can you post picture please?

I am also contemplating a saddle stool purchase, but we don't have any animals by that name in Canada it seems. Would someone please post a picture of theirs so I can see if it is comparable to a backless office stool on wheels. This is all I can find at Staples, which is the closest to me for availability

Thanks so much.

post--13461902839072_thumb.jpg

Thank you all Ladies for your information. Nadia and I are in Canada, free shipping from the USA does not apply to us and we can't just go to the next office depot and pick one up. Nadia might have some luck in Vancouver, but the only option I have is on line as I don't go to Vancouver or Toronto. But now that i know what it looks like, I can do a better search. Thank you heidi, yours looks awesome and comfy.

Yes, thanks for the replies. Monika I just called the place Patty posted above and they are going to get back to me on a shipping quote, Free shipping does not apply to Canada. I will let you know what they say. Even if I find one in Vancouver Monika, I would still have to pay shipping. I will keep looking for a Canadian source too, let me know what you find out too.

Colleen, I would recommend one with a foot rail just above the wheels.. it makes it so much more comfy, and make sure the saddle is adjustable in tilting to be comfy. mine has bucked me off a couple times, no injuries from that, just from a fall in the fabric room. Now I firmly grab the one roller bar and place one foot between the wheels, it seems to give me a lot better security & balance.

RitaR & himself.

Rita,

I had to laugh. You brought to mind the years I used to be a 9-1-1 dispatcher. We had the secretary type chairs with wheels and to go from the switchboard to the teletype machine, we would push ourselves off and glide across the room, tear off the teletype, give another push and end up back at the switchboard. It was fast and fun but its a wonder none of us ever fell over.:P

Monika, here are some tips when using your new saddle stool once it arrives.

1) If you do not ride horses - let your body adjust to the position gradually. You will walk like John Wayne if you don't.

2) Always have a long nightgown or some such on when you're sitting on it and quilting (or frogging - ugh!) or you just might stick when trying to get off.

3) Do NOT abruptly push YOURSELF backwards while sitting on the stool thinking you're pushing the chair backwards, or you may need to grab on to one of the bars on your quilting machine while the chair tries to slide forward under your tush and YOU are going backwards!

You have my permission to ask me why I know the above.

Originally posted by LauraJ

Monika, here are some tips when using your new saddle stool once it arrives.

2) Always have a long nightgown or some such on when you're sitting on it and quilting (or frogging - ugh!) or you just might stick when trying to get off.

Excellent advice! I cover my stool with a soft cloth for this very reason! Ouch! I keep saying I'm going to make a cover and just haven't made the time.

Thanks Heidi... :o, rofl.. Yup Ivé had a few wild days with my sadde pony. Now I know why I keep trying to or actually fall. I've not developed my John Wayne walk or ride yet... ROFLMHO... I have to stop that stuff too. I like to have fun, even if I am an old geezer, but with bad osteoporosis, I cant keep it up..

Rita R

Hi,

I was looking for a saddle stool and in my research & trials I found this chair. It is a little pricey (a lot pricey) but if you have any back problems the money is well worth the relieve it provides. The chair is ergonomic and quite goofy looking but unbelievably comfortable. One of the best features is that you can sit backwards on the chair and the backrest becomes a support for your chest and upper arms. I tried that position out for an extended period of time and was actually pain free. Normally if I lean forward for even a minute I have quite severe lower back pain. I hope this might help some of you who are suffering with back problems. Not affiliated with this company in any way just want to reccomend it as a great chair.

Here is the link http://www.ergodepot.com/HAG_Ultrasound_Chair_p/8106u.htm

I am sure if you search HAG capisco you will find more. The ultrasound model is the higher stool which I find more useable. There are other models that are a little cheaper but make sure they will be high enough.

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

After quilting this weekend and dealing with the back pain, I told DH about the saddle stools. He said to send an email to Santa. So, I did. I used the link that Heidi posted as it seems to be one that many longarmers are using. I have chronic back pain and it's been at its best/worst the past few months. If I can quilt longer on one of these, that would be great!! I do have carpeting so will have to see how it works on that. But, that can always be "fixed" once I get one. Thanks for all the info!! Happy Quilting.

I found my saddle stool on ebay - much cheaper. Less than $100. Mine rolls over the carpet okay, but keep in mind that it is a very low pile carpet (industrial). I too keep a practice cloth over the seat to reduce sticking to the seat (you know what I'm talking about :( Overall - I highly suggest the saddle seat helps with back pain.

Archived