Another Head Scratcher Ponderer

Well, when you think you had a good gross section of what youre customers can present to you, up comes another.

I just opened a bag and found this Runner. Before I call my Lady, I wanted to ask your opinion of what I should do with this. And please....be nice.

As you can see, there is no room on either side of the runner and the points are....well points. i do have a couple of inches at the end of the backing, but not on the sides. On top of that she has a polydown batting. H.E.L.P.!!!!

null

post--13461902938035_thumb.jpg

Ok Monika.

Here's what I would do.

Grab your invisible thread. and SID, yes, i said SID left to right, right to left, to keep it evened up.

(hope you get what im saying.)

Then, choose a freehand leafy, tendril design to go up and back down each row.

Put a grouping of 4 leafs that their stems meet in the middle, in the middle square. Each leaf point will be pointing to the corners.

DONE.

Oh, and use some cool autumn varigated thread.

Thanks Ladies. i just spoke to my customer. I will sell her some wider backing and a flatter batting so I can load it on the machine and have laying in front of me side to side. I will put something in the center block and do something leavy ferny tendril like stuff in the french braid. I knew there was a solution. We are so resourceful.....

I made a runner very similar to this. The points were trimmed. A narrow border added. A wider border and binding. It was SID. I used a very thin (maybe craft type) cotton batting. Being on the table, I didn't want it puffy. I left the center unquilted. I made it prior to having my Millie.

It sure is beautiful!

Marilyn

Looks like she has no idea of how a longarm machine works. TIme to educate on the amount of fabric that is needed to attach backing and batting to the machine. If she is a regular customer, she should have already known this, but at least she gets it now (hopefully). I think this will be a pretty runner when it is quilted.

Originally posted by hmerrill

So was it a freehand or a panto? Pretty runner.

It is a panto Heidi. If you go to www.quiltloverstudio.com, I believe it is the first picture in the slideshow. If you hit the pause button, you can get a closer look at the pattern. It turned out really nice. I am not as brave as you and tend to go with the "sure thing" in cases like these.

Archived