Things I learned while quilting and dancing first ever quilt

1. It's just WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!

2. At some point you realize you've practiced and practiced and practiced and practiced ... now just get down and do it.

3. Really important - which way does the back go? I got lucky on this one, trust me...

4. Listening to Christmas songs while dancing with the quilt is wonderful!

5. Always wind one more bobbin than you think you need.

6. Frequent checking of underbelly of quilt is good idea.

7. Thread that really blends with quilt is both a blessing and a curse - blessing because it can hide the "uh-oh and oop's" ... and a curse because it can hide the "Whoa! Look what I just did!!"

8. Having a self-threading needle is a life-saver!

9. Learning how to use the self-threading needle is interesting ... again, trust me ...

10. The frog stitch teaches patience, grasshopper ... (don't you love the imagery? frog? grasshopper?)

11. Life is just too darn short to not enjoy yourself and do things you love to do - and I have had a wonderful, dancing while quilting day! TA-DA!!

Thanks for listening. I've learned a lot from all of you and i'm just so darn pleased with myself! can you tell??

:D

Miss Vicky -- it's quilt ... no s.

And pictures are another dimension that dancing bear needs to learn about. You quilters do such exquisite work, all custom and I am just not there yet. I will dance to that tune one of these days but not quite there yet. Have to learn positions before one can learn the dance.

I did a pantograph and i actually measured and measured and measured some more and son-of-gun, i hit it right on the mark at the end. I did not allow myself to leave a gap between the rows and i must say, spot on! Landed that grande jete as choreographed. Twirl, I say, Twirl!!

So I will learn the picture thing and pretty soon I will do my quilts with custom work and then I will post pics.

oh, Dawn, my muse ... my mystic ... my gold standard!!

Of course you may use #10 ... and any others!

I'm still wondering how I could have pieced quilt tops all these years and hand them over to my wonderful quilting lady and never know the secrets that lay beyond her door! I am just having WAY too much fun!

I'm at that J-O-B thingy today ....

Archived