blank spot

well, at least YOU saw it....i've had the um-you-missed-a-spot phone call from customers....three times...but they were small spots, forgot to outline a leave in an applique border.....forgot to fill in a spot on a background of applique, forgot to quilt a flower in a block, but hey-at least i got the other three!

i feel your pain though.....spot happens!

wonder what freud would say...

Fortunately, these were my own ! lol!

two twins for my dn for Christmas...she's a 'tween' and she has bunk beds, so I made matching quilts for the bunks. Well, not matching, the blocks were the same but random, so they are 'coordinating'.

at any rate..It was the center of the block, and had quilted a kind of 'hippie' mod flower shape in the center of each block. Rather than try to pin them back on the la, I took a little steam a seam, cut out the floral shapes in one of the contrasting fabrics, then mach embroidered her name in the center of the flower and then my name and the date on one of the 'petals'. pressed those puppies down and then did buttonhole stitch around to secure them.

It LOOKs intentional! lol! :P

Oh Shannon that is so true. I have had the call and I noticed one before she picked it up and put it back on and quilted it. I have since used a flashlight to check under the quilt before I advance. I get a break under there also. Oh this is funny, when I git my machine I installed my rear handles backwards. Could not figure out why the buttons I was pushing were all wrong. Called Amy at APQS and she asked me if they were switched. DUH... I felt really silly. BUT I just got Charlotte home from the factory and as I was putting her back together you guessed it I did it again.

Nora

Millennium

Columbia Gorge Quilting

Washougal WA

Me too! My customer called me three days after she picked up her quilt. Gladly I still had some thread left :D

So, I tried the "clamps" that Sheila mentioned (I took Dawn's class also) and it made my life much easier!!

Now, I pull the quilt off the machine and turn it so I can check it from the back. (this way it's easier for my back :D) If I left some empty spot I put it back using the clamps. ;)

Archived