Carolina Christmas Quilt TOP DONE

Originally posted by hmerrill

.....Personally I think Christmas should be smaller! I think people just get so carried away with so much. My favorites are those where you give a few gifts and just enjoy each other. ......I just don't like when it becomes a circus. Just enjoy the day!!!!

Amen to that! Me, too. I think the adults should just appreciate the joy of the little children opening their gifts. Why does everyone need gifts to open? Hey, just give me a bottle of Cabernet Savignon and a cork screw and I am happy just opening that for a gift! (and I share, too). :cool:

Kristina!!! You always do such beautiful work!!!!:P:P:P

And I agree about Christmas being smaller! My DH just wants the menu bigger all the time! Geez, we are having deep fired turkey, honey glazed ham, stuffing balls, mashed and sweet pots, plus the green bean thing!!! Now he wants a STUFFED CHICKEN!! Hellooooo, there are only 5 of us for dinner.:o:o Oh, and I'm doing sauerkraut and kielbasa. Plus my mom is making her famous crescent rolls! Good grief! I'll weigh 600# by New Years!!:(

Did I mention I'm frantically trying to finish a quilt for a Christmas gift for my son???:P

Help!:P:P

Kristina, I too started printing the steps to work on in 2010. Yours turned out great and I'm glad to see what the finished quilt looks like. It looks complicated with all the piecing. How ever did you decide what colors to use? I like your special touch of the appliqued border too. Great quiilt. Dar:cool::D

The backing is on the frame...and I am struggling with finishing the raw edge applique. Wanted to put black satin stitching all around it...but not working out so well. Should have done it before sewing on the border!

I might be pulling the applique off and redoing it. How frustrating.

You might just see something different in the border tomorrow!! :P

Kristina~

the Quilt is Beautiful!!! You did a great job. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see it quilted.

Your family reminds me of mine growing up. 7 kids and Mom and Dad. Christmas was never "BIG", Just FULL!!

Hey Linnea, Got enough for 4 more? your dinner sounds wonderful!!

And Shana~ I'm with you on with you on the Cabernet Sauvignon:D

Merry Christmas!!

Laura

Your quilt is amazing! I like it much better than Bonnie's, not to demean hers, but your colors just sparkle. I like the design not being just blocks but making an overall design as well. Well done!

I have my Tennesse Waltz quilt on the frame and am in the same spot as you. I know what I want to do in the middle, just keep changing my mind on the outside border. Even my husband said it looked like that quilt was going to be on the frame a long time while I make up my mind.

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Okay...I have this on the frame and I have been staring at it...not sure where to start. Yikes..

Originally posted by victoriasews

I have my Tennesse Waltz quilt on the frame and am in the same spot as you. I know what I want to do in the middle, just keep changing my mind on the outside border. Even my husband said it looked like that quilt was going to be on the frame a long time while I make up my mind.

:o:o I, too, have the same problem (I think it's fear). Not with customer quilts but my own quilts. I think I stare at them for weeks before I take the first stitch.

Archived