Sneak Peak at our very own Doodlebug's BOM...

*applause* bee-you-tee-ful! and only your second time NTA!

for those curious about the BOM...all the fun is on my blog....i have quick links to all the BOM posts in the right side menu bar....

here's a picture of the 'finished' quilt layout....i have to make four more blocks, order the setting fabric, and i'll have a flimsy by the end of next month....i have the applique finished....

(dory- you'd better get busy piecing....i'm debating retiring the block instructions after two months....ie: january could disappear in march....:P)

post--13461903169221_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by doodlebug

(dory- you'd better get busy piecing....i'm debating retiring the block instructions after two months....ie: january could disappear in march....:P)

Now that's just plain mean!!! (Geez, where's my printer paper?? I better go print the instructions!):D

I guess you can say I am a quick learner and had a great teacher.

I ran into an old guildmate a little while ago. She noticed I hadn't been at quilting for some time. I told her I quit in July and when asked 'why?' I politely responded...'I don't need it anymore!'

Should have seen the look on her face. I then told her I was learning more now and having lots more fun quilting than when I was part of the guild! :D

Kristina....I am an avid needle-turn appliquer. My favourite book on the subject is one by the Piece-o-Cake ladies and the biggest thing I learned from them was to finger-press on the seam line first...this creates a nice crease which the fabric will remember when you are needle-turning!

Thanks Sandra, I did finger press around the edge of the freezer paper. This gave me a nice sharp edge. Then I used the needle to turn the fabric under about 1/2" or so ahead of myself.

What fun this block is going to be.

Oh, and Dory, do as I am doing...start with the applique block...then in case Shannon removes the other blocks...you can at LEAST have a fantastic applique wall hanging! :D

Kristina, you are doing good. I've taken several classes and never completed the project to an item. I finished the applique but atopped. I want to see yours finished! it's beautiful.

Doodlebug, you taking the blocks down, Oh my. I quess I better go print with Dory!

So pretty, Kristina! What a great job you've done. I did a Hawaiian block using batiks, and just about wore my fingers to a nub. It was sooooo HARD to get my needle through the fabric and I did try several sizes without much success. Did you wash your fabric first? I hadn't and I wondered afterwards if that would have made a difference. I just found the batik fabric tough as nails to applique.

Archived