Beautiful quilt

I did SID around all those blocks because I didn't want to get the quilting to busy and the fabric was so beautiful. I outlined in the floral panels and did those circles in the outer border, again not to compete with the fabric. I have done several quilts for her mother, but this was her first..not surprised it's pretty near perfect as she's a helicopter pilot for the CHP, and they have to be pretty precise in that job.

Thanks for all your nice comments as usual. The pattern was called Harvest Spice and I'm not for sure if this was a kit but I'm thinking it might have been, because of the use of the fabric. No selvages on the matching backing fabric so I don't know who made it.

Hester, thanks for the pictures. I made this quilt several years ago and it is in my UFO pile waiting to be quilted. I keep pulling it out and trying to decide what I want to do on it. One of these days I hope to get it on Millie and get 'er done!

Great job and thanks for the inspiration.

Originally posted by Katydids

That is beautiful Hester! Do you know what the fabric is and the pattern? you quilted it beautifully!

I didn't see anyone answer this question - I sure hope I didn't miss it. The name of this pattern is Harvest Spice. It was a block of the month kit being sold about 3 years ago. The fabrics are Andover. The pattern is by Nancy Davis Murty.

Archived