A NEWBIE'S FIRST QUILT PHOTO'S

I just thought I would show you folks what you have all helped me to accomplish in a very short time. :D

With the questions & anwers of all the LAer's who have gone before me, I may have just found that dreams can come true. ;:D

This quilt top was made 13 years ago, when I was a new quilter, I did an all over panto' called "Lybrinth" by Jodie Bemish, & it took me 4 1/2 hrs. to quilt.

((((((((((((((Many, Many Thanks))))))))))))))

A special thanks to Sue Patten in Ontario, for all her hard work, & the great talks on the phone. :D

Great job! You look like an expert already. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Picture size: If you open your picture in a picture software program you can reduce the size to about 30%. Usually there is a button for format, dimensions, size, etc. In the box put in 30% and see what happens. Then resave it with another name.

Geraldine,

You're an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work...and you are correct...the quilters on here are so helpful. Can they possibly remember all that we newbies have to learn? Right now I would be glad to have someone come along and say: you've cleaned that right, you've loaded it right, it's threaded right...GO! So afraid I will make an expensive mistake...Keep on Geraldine.;)

Geraldine,

I'm happy for you that you took the first plunge and did very well. Your quilt ist really nice. Wish you lots of fun with your next quilt! As one says: even a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step, so keep going! And good luck to you and the other newbies on this forum.

:)

Marie-Christine

Very nice Gerry - You did a great job! And it's only your first? Good going!

As for "landing in the soup" - isn't it so nice to come hear and bounce ideas

off of others who have already tried them? Or probably can tell you a better

way to do things from the start? So much info here - lots of it!

Thanks for sharing your photos - I look forward to seeing more!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gerry,

Great job! And you were SO smart to pick a pattern that is so forgiving. Even if you went off the lines, no one would know.

That's what all the beginners need to keep in mind. Don't challenge yourself too much at first. You have enough things to think about, without using a pattern that is too challenging for the level you're at. Labyrinth was a great choice for both this quilt, AND for a beginner.

I see too many beginners starting out trying to do custom work. They get discouraged very quickly and the machine becomes a negative thing, instead of a positive. It's the small successes that will keep you striving for the next level, and the next, and the next.

Way to go Gerry!:)

Archived