THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

Mary Beth

Who would have thunk it! I never realized, that day a couple of months ago, when I threw out the challenge that you all would come up with 370 quilt entries. I would love to think it is because I am so popular and you all love me so much that you ask "How high?" when I say jump. But I am smart enough to know that you all want CL templates :P:D Just want to say thank you so much to you all for making this challenge a huge success. I want to thank Michael for stepping up to the plate and taking control, not only offering the wonderful prizes - cause you would have just got an "atta boy" from me. But also, this has been so organized. Michael had the smarts enough to know we would need a place to post these pictures for voting so he set up the CL Challenge Blog. He elisted Carol and I to be his helpers and so we received some emails from individuals with their entries. I have to say, that was a lot of fun seeing the pictures of the quilts before anyone else did. It has been really great getting to talk to people via email who had questions about the contest, templates, the CL, etc. I have met so many new people and made some new friends because of this. So thank you Michael!! This was a huge job and you did a great job!! I know how you enlist people to do things....I'm worried now that Kay is the "counter":D:P Thank you to Kay too, for all you do behind the scenes. You two are the greatest!!!

Mary Beth.

You really started something here! Great job. It has been so much fun to see the creativity all the quilters have and to see all that the CL can do. I never would have imagined half of it! Of course, I want to do it too and want all the templates and boards...

Thanks also to those who entered their great quilts. How lucky the piecers are to have these designs on their quilts.

Carole, Kay and of course, our CL genious Michael: thanks for all your work on this fun project. It will be a long lasting reference and source of quilting inspiration for many of us.

Good luck to all the entrants!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

CL, of course!

NW NJ

Yes, my appreciation to everyone who made this challenge happen.

It was so exciting up until the very last minute, but now I'm feeling a little let down. So I've been thinking about the Stencil Laydown.

I hope this doesn't sound selfish, but I'm also hoping I can get excited again about the CL challenge -- by winning something. But even if I don't I'll be excited for anyone who does win.

Georgene, you already won because you challenged yourself. :) You probably learned a few things challenging yourself. I think this is much better than a prize, but a prize is nice, too, but it's a thing. With learning something you can build on that, so. Don't be down... :) You are a winner! And heck you just might win a prize too so that is icing on the cake.

Thanks Lisa, I think the same thing about winning ribbons at quilt shows. So many beautiful quilts, but only a few ribbons are available to hang on them. But regardless, all of the quilts in those shows are done by trying our hardest and learning something in the process of doing our best efforts, so even if a ribbon doesn't get hung on the quilt it still is your best work and you should be very proud of that if anything. I think we put too much emphasis on winning a ribbon. A ribbon is nice but ... we are not failures if we didn't get a ribbon or a prize. We are winners because we tried our best and we followed through with our commitment and we finished it. I think it's what athletes describe as their "personal best" and this is what we quilters need to have the attitude that it's our "personal best" and not set ourselves up for disappointment over a ribbon or a prize. I am proud of the process and that people participate for the fun of it and the challenge of it. And I get to see some amazing quilts with a lot of creativity.

Thanks Mary Beth for comming up with the idea, thanks Carol for helping with loading pics, thanks Michael & Kay for such a great product that makes all it's users look good.

And thank you everyone for the ongoing pats on the back anytime a quilt gets posted.

It has been fun, I voted today, all I have to say is I didn't vote for myself because I liked too many others better than mine :P:P:P

Plus I am looking forward to the stencil challenge, again more for the learning expeirence and challenging myself to try new things. I hope we can do more of these challenges.

Thank you Mary Beth for starting the challenge! Thank you Michael and Kay for taking the challenge to the level it has achieved! Who would have thought over 300+ quilts would be entered.

I also admit the challenge was just the nudge I needed to buy a Circle Lord as I have debated for several years about this. (I was very lucky to find a good used CL to fit my frame) :)

I surprised myself and completed several quilts using the Circle Lord in just a few days---that's how easy it is to use. I haven't voted yet! So many beautiful projects. It's truly difficult! I have enjoyed seeing all the completed quilts! What a treat!

Thank you everyone for entering your projects. It has been so inspiring!

Archived