NQR Inspiring Story

If you didn't see this on the news - it's wonderful. http://biggeekdad.com/2010/01/the-harmonica-man/

My dad played clarinet/sax in school and recently he went on Ebay and purchased over a half dozen used clarinets, fixed them up beautifully. I just gave them to the music teachers that I used to work with as a donation from my dad. To be used by kids who can't afford to rent/own one themselves. Paying it forward.

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing this Laura. It absolutely made my day. What a joy that must be for him...and a blessing for the kids.

And thank you and your dad for paying it forward. With so much that is "not good" these days, it's heartwarming to know there's actually a lot of good going on also.

Bless you...

Anita

Yep, you bet my dad is special.

My kids were both in band - daughter on the flute and my son.........a drummer. Drummer's are a different breed, anyone who married one or who had one can relate. He used to use the fork on the table drumming away while chewing his food until we would kabosh him.

When I saw the harmonica man, I thought of all the quilters who give community quilts and other quilts to so many. Good people abound.

Aww such a sweet story about this harmonica man giving all that he has to these kids. Spending his final years living a simple life in a motor home. I am sure he is leaving a legacy. More than music, he is teaching these kids that it's not about "stuff" and "money" it's about what we do to make this world a better place. :)

Your father is just like the harmonica man by fixing up the clarinets; making them useful again and donating them back to the schools.

Why my dad is special....wasn't going to share this, but the quilters on this forum are wonderful people who always support and encourage each other. He was diagnosed three weeks ago with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Bone marrow stuff. Incurable and people (usually when they are over 70 get it) can continue to live a long life. It can even go into remission. None of us have an "expiration date", so we are hoping he can keep on keeping on, remain healthy and continue doing his wonderful things for others.

I realize how special and a blessing it is when someone gives of themselves either by simple words, giving to others, making things for others, and even sharing a ride to quilting classes (Meg!). Let's keep passing it on.

Archived