New Swag Template

LindaJ

We're rolling out a new Double Sided Swag template. It attaches to the Quiltazoid like any other template, but it's reversible, with a swag design for 3" borders, two designs for 4" borders, and two designs for 6" borders. The 6" designs come with interchangeable center medallions, so you can give the swags several different looks.

Many thanks to Heidi, who helped conceive and design the new template.

Check out the new template on our website, www.quiltazoid.com

While you're there, have a look at our new Beadboard template, for piano keys and other linear treatments.

Thanks,

Linda and Adam

I'm so glad this has finally been posted because I was dying to tell you all about it!!!! Adam really out did himself on this one! I'm using the big swag right now on a quilt that will be raffled off for homeless woman's Veterans. Hopefully in the next week or so I can post some pictures for you! It is taking me forever since I can't seem to get more than an hour on my machine at a time!!!! The fabric I'm stitching on is really busy fabric so I'm not sure how well it will show up. I can tell you that this board is more than I even envisioned. The large swags and the medallions that you can change out make is so unique! Since there are multiple size swags on one template it is very well worth the money! It is just so cool! I think I will be using this one a lot! It is really easy to use too. It has 3 lines in each swag so you stitch to the right, back to the left and then back to the right, stop needle down and move the board for the next swag. The smaller swags have multiple swags so you don't have to move the board each time. It took me less than 15 minutes to stitch out the large swag and star medallion on the quilt I'm working on. The border is almost 90" wide! I'm sure the more I play with it the more I'll figure out new things to do with it. I think it would be great to stich just the center of the swag and then do feathers too.

The beadboard template is also well worth having. I will wear that one out I'm sure of it!

Thanks for all the kudo's girls but really Adam & Linda deserve the credit for giving us such a wonderful tool to work with!

I agree Linda and Adam put out a great product. You don't have to convince me!

Heidi...really...a 90" wide border in 15 minutes? Both amazing numbers.:P Just kidding. I think you meant a 90" long border or maybe a 9" wide border, but regardless, sounds like the template is well worth the time savings with great results. Can't wait to see pictures!

Originally posted by CindyT

I agree Linda and Adam put out a great product. You don't have to convince me!

Heidi...really...a 90" wide border in 15 minutes? Both amazing numbers.:P Just kidding. I think you meant a 90" long border or maybe a 9" wide border, but regardless, sounds like the template is well worth the time savings with great results. Can't wait to see pictures!

Hehehe wish I could quilt a 90" wide border that quickly! ROFLMAO! yes the quilt is 90" wide. The border is I think 7" wide. It went so quick once I got the hang of it. I had to frog once because I thought I had measured right but evidently not as I got to the other side and I overshot the other side by the almost the amount that I had off-set that side. Grrrr. This quilt I'm working on is a lot of work. I'm not sure much of the quilting is going to show but at least there will be lots of metallic thread in it! I'm hoping I don't run out of thread but I'm thinking I'm going to. This quilt is just not going quickly so getting that border done in 15 minutes was just awesome!

Golly, Linda, that is beautiful. wish I could order it now. Now that I have all the goofs out of the way, and actually quilting with the QZ, it is much more fun.. just a blast.. and I can see where this template would work so well on a couple quilts I finished lately.

So encouraged by your work and designs.

RitaR

Any chance on compiling a list of email addresses/locations of those willing to allow others to have a look at the QZ?

I was lucky that Heidi chimed in for me...but others are not getting so fortunte.

Just a suggestion.

Archived