Heart of Roses, quilting photos

Thank you Sheridan, and welcome to the list.

Sharon was a dear friend of mine who passed away from cancer. She left behind a loving husband, 3 children, a few tops, many 1/2 finished projects, and a lot of fabric. She left me the projects and the fabric. I have been working on quilting the tops and finishing some of the projects so her family members can each have one of her quilts. I used some of the fabric and made 50 pillow cases and donated them in her honor to our local hospice. It has been such an honor to finish what she had started.

Hi Penny, I know you have been busy with horses lately. I know it will be so lovely with your quilting touches. Yah know... I bet Bonnie Botts is thrilled that her longarm machine went to a home (and quilter) that is really appreciating and using the machine. :)

Thanks for the "before" photos --- Can't wait to see the "finished" photos.

Beautiful job of quilting, Penny. I love the applique...have a couple of questions about your work: how are you getting in so close to outline the applique? Are you marking the quilt in any way or are you just free-handing those feathers?

Thank you for sharing this gorgeous quilt. Your friend is truly being honored by the wonderful job you're doing.

I tried to post from the Blackberry a couple of days ago, but it seems it didn't stick.

Penny....this is a wonderful quilt...the feather wreath around the roses...are perfect, and Sharon's family will be so touched by your kindness and sincere concern that her passion for quilting will not be forgotten. They will look at each quilt and remember not only you, but her as well.

Archived