NQR....Embrace Life

It made me cry too Linda,,, just 2 hours ago I saw a fatal car accident a few miles from the boys school!

So many things can happen when you are behind the wheel, any kind of distraction & all it takes is a split second that can make the difference between life & death.:(

My son will be 16 this Fall & he can't wait to drive, I dont look at it the same way he does FOR SURE!:mad:

Seat belts & air bags are a good thing, I remember growing up not having any for the 1st few years of my life, let alone car seats for babies, there were'nt any!

What on earth did people do if they had a baby & had to drive alone?

Good link Sheri

My 18 year old daughter has totalled 2 vehicles in 6 months. If you actually saw the $60,000 ++ damages done to my Jeep Grand Cherokee you would just cry. I really didn't want that Jeep my hubby bought it for me. After she crawled out through the sunroof with a torn rotator cuff and a bunch of cuts and bruises I went right out and bought another one.

There is not one surface of that Jeep that is not crushed, she could not get out through any of the doors or the back hatch but not one broken bone. That is one well made vechicle.

Now if she can just survive the next few years I will be able to sleep at night.

No one rides in my car without a seatbelt. I will actually pull over until they put it on or get out. It is my steadfast rule. Saw way too many injuries and fatalities working in the Operating Room that could have been prevented by a seat belt.:mad:

Lisa

Thanks Sheri. Seatbelts most certainly do save lives. Mine and my boys' lives were spared nearly 9 years ago.

I totalled a Ford full size 4x4 crewcab 1 ton pickup in a single vehicle rollover. Let's just say...I was totally exhausted and had too many miles on my body. I had driven across 3 states twice in 2 weeks and had flown to Louisiana and back in 3 days time.

The reminder of the day is still in our backyard. My pickup was endovered 4 times minimum and not one body panel or window was left untouched. I crawled out the rear window that had been broken out and then proceeded to climb back in to retrieve my sons...3 month old Eric and 21 month Sven. They were untouched...not one mark on either of them. I wish I had pictures of their carseats! They were smashed in and broken..both of them...but the boys were a-okay. I was severely bruised and sore from the seatbelt...and managed to escape with 7 gashes on my head...but otherwise I was fine.

Interestingly enough...the front seat of the truck has since been removed and I am unable to fit inside the cab to my truck. The roof caved in so badly that their is no room inside!

Let me just say...wear your seatbelt ALWAYS. The lives you save could not only be yours...but your kids'!

Wow! That gave me goose bumps. Very moving, especially the shattered pieces that went flying, just like the cars and property that can be shattered due to an accident, lives can be shattered forever. I will show that to my great niece that is just starting to drive. Be safe everyone!

My daughter was just telling me today that in Wa kids can take all their driving tests before they're 16 and then on their birthday go in and get their pic taken and their license is issued on their birthday. That just doesn't seem quite right to me. Too hyped up of a day to add that to it.

Carreen

I used to tell my stepdaughters that the car would not start if there was a buttin the seat and the seatbelt was not fastened. I was really good at bumping the starter and making it sound like it just wouldn't start. Sometimes I'd do it, they'd all whine that they had them on, and I'd tell them that the car didn't think so. They'd have to unbuckle and rebuckle so the car would start.

I got my license in about 1971 in Georgia. I took drivers ed (no charge and got class credit), when I was i5, took tests and all of it, had to put in so many hours of practice driving with an adult other than my instructor. Then when I turned 16, I went in, drove around the block, adn got my license. When I moved back to Texas a year later all I had to do was go in and get the Texas licsense. No tests, nothing. Apparently the laws in the different two states are the same so a Georgia license was a simple change.

My grandson turned 16 on the 19th. OMG!

It always amazes me when people complain about wearing a seatbelt. It really doesn't bother me at all. My mother doesn't want to wear her seatbelt because it will wrinkle her clothes! She uses a big safety pin to keep the seatbelt held out and across her lap but doesn't buckle. It drives me crazy. She gets really mad in my car because I won't drive until she is buckled up. She used to yell at me when I buckled my son in the car because he hated it and screamed most of the time. I'd rather him screaming than dead. Needless to say he was never allowed to go in the car with my mom because she would not have strapped him in.

Seat belts are a must in our family too. When we lived in Spokane our neighbors daughter rolled her SUV, was thrown from the SUV and it rolled on top of her. She wasn't wearing a seat belt and didn't survive. The police said if the seat belt was on she would have survived.

Archived