*wave* HI!

Life is definately a roller coaster ride, lots of twist, turns, ups and downs. After 4 years into a relationship with my DH I found myself at a cross roads, the road I chose wasn't the easy one (that would have been the one that I just left him) but now 20 years later I am so glad I decided to stay. As long as both people in the relationship are willing to try to work out their problems then the relationship is worth saving. Also almost loosing each other makes you realize just how much you mean to each other.

Will keep you both in my prayers as you rebuild/stregthen your bond together :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life is definately a roller coaster ride, lots of twist, turns, ups and downs. After 4 years into a relationship with my DH I found myself at a cross roads, the road I chose wasn't the easy one (that would have been the one that I just left him) but now 20 years later I am so glad I decided to stay. As long as both people in the relationship are willing to try to work out their problems then the relationship is worth saving. Also almost loosing each other makes you realize just how much you mean to each other.

Will keep you both in my prayers as you rebuild/stregthen your bond together :)

Guest Linda S

Wishing you all the best. Like Joni Mitchell says, "don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?" I hope it all works out and this time away makes your bond stronger and more communicative. Bright blessings!

Linda

Guest Linda S

Wishing you all the best. Like Joni Mitchell says, "don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?" I hope it all works out and this time away makes your bond stronger and more communicative. Bright blessings!

Linda

Glad to hear you're all safely in place. You sound like such a trooper. I can just see Barney now..."say what?".

Our roller coaster is in a low spot right now...but 35 yrs and counting, he's been worth all the ups and the downs so far.

No one knows the circumstances of others, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anita

Glad to hear you're all safely in place. You sound like such a trooper. I can just see Barney now..."say what?".

Our roller coaster is in a low spot right now...but 35 yrs and counting, he's been worth all the ups and the downs so far.

No one knows the circumstances of others, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anita

Glad to hear things are working out. I think we have all either been there done that, will be there to do that, or are very lucky not to have to go there. But gee what a way to organize - HE HE. At least now you know what you have for stuff. Scary isn't it. I'm never moving and if I do I'm just buying new stuff. My house will be sold full as is. I can't pay for enough trucks to move all my stuff. My kids aren't very happy with that, but all the sewing stuff will go to my Granddaughter anyway, she is 5 now!!!

Shirley

Glad to hear things are working out. I think we have all either been there done that, will be there to do that, or are very lucky not to have to go there. But gee what a way to organize - HE HE. At least now you know what you have for stuff. Scary isn't it. I'm never moving and if I do I'm just buying new stuff. My house will be sold full as is. I can't pay for enough trucks to move all my stuff. My kids aren't very happy with that, but all the sewing stuff will go to my Granddaughter anyway, she is 5 now!!!

Shirley

Glad to hear you both are trying to work it out, Shannon. Been there done that., and a couple of times been there and didn't do that. And it still turned out good! Take care, and here is my quote for the situation:

"Be who you are. Say what you think. Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter." ~~ Dr. Suess ~~

And in between the being and saying do a little giving and taking!

Glad to hear you both are trying to work it out, Shannon. Been there done that., and a couple of times been there and didn't do that. And it still turned out good! Take care, and here is my quote for the situation:

"Be who you are. Say what you think. Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter." ~~ Dr. Suess ~~

And in between the being and saying do a little giving and taking!

Shannon,

No words of wisdom here. I'm glad that you've landed safely. Good luck setting up your studio again and getting the June quilts out the door. I know that you are looking forward to your upcoming travels.

I do have two questions:

a) Do you want the books back? I've had a blast reading them, but am happy to send them back to you if you want any of them.

B) The Girl Scout camp that Hannah will be attending has sent out a request for fabric. Apparently someone donated machines and other sewing tool - but no fabric. I've done a fabric purge and sent lots of stuff to camp. I know that you made serious stash donations before the trip to TN - but do you have anything else you would be willing to donate to a good cause?

Hang in there!

Lynn

Shannon,

No words of wisdom here. I'm glad that you've landed safely. Good luck setting up your studio again and getting the June quilts out the door. I know that you are looking forward to your upcoming travels.

I do have two questions:

a) Do you want the books back? I've had a blast reading them, but am happy to send them back to you if you want any of them.

B) The Girl Scout camp that Hannah will be attending has sent out a request for fabric. Apparently someone donated machines and other sewing tool - but no fabric. I've done a fabric purge and sent lots of stuff to camp. I know that you made serious stash donations before the trip to TN - but do you have anything else you would be willing to donate to a good cause?

Hang in there!

Lynn

Shannon,

It is with utmost respect for you that I say "You go girl!" The easy thing would have been to chuck it all in and gone your seperate ways. A relationship is always work, and I applaud your effort to save yours! My late DH and I went through some very rough times but I think I would have done it all again-we never know what is to come but tomorrow is a fresh start and I really wish you all the best!

"Never let yesterday fill up today!"

So true...........

With love.......

Shannon,

It is with utmost respect for you that I say "You go girl!" The easy thing would have been to chuck it all in and gone your seperate ways. A relationship is always work, and I applaud your effort to save yours! My late DH and I went through some very rough times but I think I would have done it all again-we never know what is to come but tomorrow is a fresh start and I really wish you all the best!

"Never let yesterday fill up today!"

So true...........

With love.......

So pleased you're back Shannon, relationships don't always work out but at least you're giving it a try :)

I'm one of those "expensive" therapists people joke about, except here in a rural area in the UK costs aren't the same as in the US :)

I always remind couples that we don't think twice about servicing our cars, but how often do we give our relationships a regular health check? I don't mean going to a therapist but just checking out whats working & whats not + what changes each need to make to improve things if necessary.

Good luck & most importantly be happy:D

Archived