How would you do these??--finished with pics

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracey, I am just about to finish piecing a bargello wall hanging and I am planning on doing geometric quilting. I want to use the 'square dance' panto, but not sure I can manage the straight lines. Thinking about doing random squares, circles, triangles, etc.

I think the square dance panto would look great in a contrasting thread or a metalic.

Peggy

Tracey, I am just about to finish piecing a bargello wall hanging and I am planning on doing geometric quilting. I want to use the 'square dance' panto, but not sure I can manage the straight lines. Thinking about doing random squares, circles, triangles, etc.

I think the square dance panto would look great in a contrasting thread or a metalic.

Peggy

I thought I had a picture of one that made me really stop and look at it when the back was the first side I saw. She had quilted feathers in one section of the design and more feathers in another section, and had rows with pebbles between them. It looked like a wholecloth until I saw the other side was actually the front. She worked all the quilting along the movement of the bargello.

I thought I had a picture of one that made me really stop and look at it when the back was the first side I saw. She had quilted feathers in one section of the design and more feathers in another section, and had rows with pebbles between them. It looked like a wholecloth until I saw the other side was actually the front. She worked all the quilting along the movement of the bargello.

I'm having such a hard time with this!!! I have the turquoise one loaded (finally) just finished ripping out half the border. Why, when you know in the first 3-4 inches that the design is wrong or the thread is too dark do you keep going? The 'you' actually being me. I hate that I do that. It's like in my head I am thinking..."Keep going, it will get better." UUUGGGHHHH:mad:

I just want it done and off the dang frame now.

Tracey

I'm having such a hard time with this!!! I have the turquoise one loaded (finally) just finished ripping out half the border. Why, when you know in the first 3-4 inches that the design is wrong or the thread is too dark do you keep going? The 'you' actually being me. I hate that I do that. It's like in my head I am thinking..."Keep going, it will get better." UUUGGGHHHH:mad:

I just want it done and off the dang frame now.

Tracey

I don't know if you can see the quilting in this pic but I think I have a scanned image of what I did on this quilt. I used a grey thread (Sew Fine) top and thread to match the back (Bottom Line). I think the curved quilting accents the geometrics of the top.

Archived