What are you wearing?

Jeans and a t-shirt today, not as hot today. I never get to quilt in my jammies, unless it is at night and our other business is closed. Our appliance repair business (28 years!) is in the converted garage and you never know when someone will come to the house rather than look at the sign and go to the shop. It's amazing how many people can't read!! :P

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am at my "other job when I am not quilting" which means I am at the office working... errr ummmm... yeah... I mean I am on the chat on my lunch break... ;)

I am wearing blue jeans, pink cotton knit top with lace accents on the sleeves and neckline, and wearing my black sneakers and black socks. I'm not telling you what color my undies are-- OK I fess up... they are white. Sooo... Manquilter... I am curious if you are wearing your silk boxers? ;)

I am at my "other job when I am not quilting" which means I am at the office working... errr ummmm... yeah... I mean I am on the chat on my lunch break... ;)

I am wearing blue jeans, pink cotton knit top with lace accents on the sleeves and neckline, and wearing my black sneakers and black socks. I'm not telling you what color my undies are-- OK I fess up... they are white. Sooo... Manquilter... I am curious if you are wearing your silk boxers? ;)

Don't you all know that when you stay in your jammies, you ALWAYS get company? So I walk every morning for 3 miles, shower and dress in something casual but nice for the day so I can keep this professional, besides you never know when you might meet a customer!

Don't you all know that when you stay in your jammies, you ALWAYS get company? So I walk every morning for 3 miles, shower and dress in something casual but nice for the day so I can keep this professional, besides you never know when you might meet a customer!

Originally posted by Primitive1

YOU ARE so right....when I moved my studio home before I came out here if I didn't change out of my PJ's before I started working, I would ALWAYS get an unexpected quilt dropped off....;););)

Originally posted by Primitive1

YOU ARE so right....when I moved my studio home before I came out here if I didn't change out of my PJ's before I started working, I would ALWAYS get an unexpected quilt dropped off....;););)

I've worked at home on & off over the last 20 years and always have to be dressed in day wear not jammies as I cannot get my head around it being 'real' work if I'm not 'dressed'. And isn't it always true that when you stay in jammies people turn up unexpectedly! I can only work in proper shoes too, never slippers or bare feet, but almost always 1 of many pairs of danskos. Just call me Imelda 'Dansko' Marcos!

I've worked at home on & off over the last 20 years and always have to be dressed in day wear not jammies as I cannot get my head around it being 'real' work if I'm not 'dressed'. And isn't it always true that when you stay in jammies people turn up unexpectedly! I can only work in proper shoes too, never slippers or bare feet, but almost always 1 of many pairs of danskos. Just call me Imelda 'Dansko' Marcos!

Today, capri jeans, pink tank - nothing under it, pink panties to match the pink tank and barefoot. PJs and socks many many days especially if it is cold and I have a fire. I have hardly any dress clothes anymore. I have to quilt barefoot because I have to feel the foot pedal. Yeah, really. I am just really touchy/feely.

Now, you steel-toed ladies must be doing some industrial quilting!!!! What you gonna drop? Yea, I know you can step on a pin or stab yourself with scissors but I just have to go raw on the feet.

Today, capri jeans, pink tank - nothing under it, pink panties to match the pink tank and barefoot. PJs and socks many many days especially if it is cold and I have a fire. I have hardly any dress clothes anymore. I have to quilt barefoot because I have to feel the foot pedal. Yeah, really. I am just really touchy/feely.

Now, you steel-toed ladies must be doing some industrial quilting!!!! What you gonna drop? Yea, I know you can step on a pin or stab yourself with scissors but I just have to go raw on the feet.

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

had to check... They are actually silk/bamboo briefs!!!

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

had to check... They are actually silk/bamboo briefs!!!

I have a job outside of quilting that could call me away at anytime...so I dress for work all the time. Besides...my boots are comfortable!

Also, I have kids and you never know what toy will be left where it shouldn't or bike laying around at night! Definitely not worth losing a toe over. We also have snakes...so trust me...steel toed boots are the best! :)

alright...Matt, what does Brady think about you asking this question??

I have a job outside of quilting that could call me away at anytime...so I dress for work all the time. Besides...my boots are comfortable!

Also, I have kids and you never know what toy will be left where it shouldn't or bike laying around at night! Definitely not worth losing a toe over. We also have snakes...so trust me...steel toed boots are the best! :)

alright...Matt, what does Brady think about you asking this question??

Archived