Suspicious E-mail - Fil-Tec

Guest Linda S

Oh heck! She's a field hockey player!! I used to play left full back. Probably just a go-getter who does without thinking things through thoroughly.

Linda - I'll bet she got both of our names off the Fil-Tec testimonial page. Fil-Tec may not have given her any information whatsoever. Lots of us are easily findable on the internet.

Linda

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's entirely possible, but I was still suspicious. We get so much junk e-mail and I just don't respond to anyone I don't know. Too bad if she is doing a legit project because she didn't go about it very well. Just using the Fil-Tec name means nothing without verification from Fil-Tec themselves. She probably won't get much response to her e-mails. I will be interested to hear what Fil-Tec has to say about it. I did send them a copy of that e-mail, so will see what comes of that.

Kinda scary how small the world is with all this technology of instant access to everyone and everything. :(

That's entirely possible, but I was still suspicious. We get so much junk e-mail and I just don't respond to anyone I don't know. Too bad if she is doing a legit project because she didn't go about it very well. Just using the Fil-Tec name means nothing without verification from Fil-Tec themselves. She probably won't get much response to her e-mails. I will be interested to hear what Fil-Tec has to say about it. I did send them a copy of that e-mail, so will see what comes of that.

Kinda scary how small the world is with all this technology of instant access to everyone and everything. :(

I didn't get it yet. I agree with everything said here. I'm also interested to see if Fil-Tech knows about it? I would think that she could get in trouble for using a copyrighted/trade name without them authorizing it. It's scary how our names, phone numbers etc are available for anyone who knows how to google. Try googling your name, you'll be surprized what comes up!!

I didn't get it yet. I agree with everything said here. I'm also interested to see if Fil-Tech knows about it? I would think that she could get in trouble for using a copyrighted/trade name without them authorizing it. It's scary how our names, phone numbers etc are available for anyone who knows how to google. Try googling your name, you'll be surprized what comes up!!

I would say, if she could post a message here....then she can see this conversation and should pipe up and say something....anything. I would still check with Fil-Tech, just because. And I like the idea of contacting her prof. We can be trusting...or not. What if someone is using her identity to get info. It could happen...you guys found her, so could they.

I would say, if she could post a message here....then she can see this conversation and should pipe up and say something....anything. I would still check with Fil-Tech, just because. And I like the idea of contacting her prof. We can be trusting...or not. What if someone is using her identity to get info. It could happen...you guys found her, so could they.

I received the following e-mails from Fil-Tec this morning: Fil-Tec is aware of this. My reply is included. Mystery solved. :)

Good Morning Linda,

I am sorry for the email. The students at Bucknell are working on this project jointly with us this summer. I miscalculated, and thought that an email may be “less intrusive” than a phone call. Under no circumstances did we intend to upset you in any way.

I will make sure that they do not contact you further.

Kind regards,

Chris Meyers

Marketing Mgr. / Fil-Tec, Inc.

800 258 5052 p.

301 824 6938 f

cmeyers@fil-tec.com

www.bobbincentral.com

You are 100% correct, and I was planning on adding it to Facebook and Bobbin Central today.

We are creating a quilting community where quilters post pictures and info on quilts they created with glide. We will then have the quilters vote on the best, most unique, etc..quilt . We will offer a nice monthly prize.

Regards,

Chris

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:55 AM

To: Meyers, Chris

Subject: Re: Recent Email

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, the e-mail is less intrusive and I prefer that to a phone call. I just wish the e-mail would have given more documentation that they were in fact working with Fil-Tec. Just using the name Fil-Tec doesn't mean anything. We get e-mails all the time using a company name we know, but they are scams. One can't be too careful. Maybe an announcement from you on your website that you are working with these students would have helped so we would have been aware that someone might be contacting us. Anyway, glad it's not a scam and that your good company was not being "used" for their own purpose in gaining information from your customers.

Thanks again!

Linda Binns

I received the following e-mails from Fil-Tec this morning: Fil-Tec is aware of this. My reply is included. Mystery solved. :)

Good Morning Linda,

I am sorry for the email. The students at Bucknell are working on this project jointly with us this summer. I miscalculated, and thought that an email may be “less intrusive” than a phone call. Under no circumstances did we intend to upset you in any way.

I will make sure that they do not contact you further.

Kind regards,

Chris Meyers

Marketing Mgr. / Fil-Tec, Inc.

800 258 5052 p.

301 824 6938 f

cmeyers@fil-tec.com

www.bobbincentral.com

You are 100% correct, and I was planning on adding it to Facebook and Bobbin Central today.

We are creating a quilting community where quilters post pictures and info on quilts they created with glide. We will then have the quilters vote on the best, most unique, etc..quilt . We will offer a nice monthly prize.

Regards,

Chris

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:55 AM

To: Meyers, Chris

Subject: Re: Recent Email

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, the e-mail is less intrusive and I prefer that to a phone call. I just wish the e-mail would have given more documentation that they were in fact working with Fil-Tec. Just using the name Fil-Tec doesn't mean anything. We get e-mails all the time using a company name we know, but they are scams. One can't be too careful. Maybe an announcement from you on your website that you are working with these students would have helped so we would have been aware that someone might be contacting us. Anyway, glad it's not a scam and that your good company was not being "used" for their own purpose in gaining information from your customers.

Thanks again!

Linda Binns

Guest Linda S

Yep - the student just jumped the gun before Fil-Tec could let us know. Sounds like it might be a fun project. Heck - the chance to win prizes is always good with me!

Linda

Guest Linda S

Yep - the student just jumped the gun before Fil-Tec could let us know. Sounds like it might be a fun project. Heck - the chance to win prizes is always good with me!

Linda

Archived