Here's what I've been working on......

Vickie, It's beautiful!!! Question... how did you go about doing the CH throughout the whole quilt. I also have Linda's CH rulers and LOVE them, but have only done blocks...did you roll and roll and then go back and do again and roll? Also, did you put your little details in after you CH? I just love it!! going into my faves! linda

Hi Linda,

Well, first I did the feathers along the border and then I outlined each applique with monopoly thread. Then I crosshatched in one direction across the quilt, tied and buried threads and then crosshatched back across the area in the other direction. Pulled those threads and then did all the fun details on the appliques. Then I would roll the quilt forward, baste the sides so they are straight, and then feathered, etc. all over again. I just had to be careful to line up the rulers with the lines at the top where I stopped to do each section. By the time I finished the whole quilt, all the threads had been tied and knots buried and it was finished. I love how crosshatching really shows off the applique but it is alot of work - but worth it I think and my customer loved it!

Thanks again for all of the compliments!

Vickie, I just want to say again..... that is one beautiful quilt and your quilting is just spectacular!!! Absolutely wonderful!!! I went and looked at your flicker account and looked at all the pictures.... um..um... good!! just wonderful!!! linda

It's one gorgeous quilt! All the time spent outlining, cross-hatching, etc. was worth it...just drop-dead beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I truly enjoyed looking at the photos. (Did you get any housework done during the month you were quilting that one? If so, I need to know your secret for time-management!)

Pat

AZ

Mille

Archived