Challenging

Nope, Linzi, its actually going to BE the shower curtain. She's going to put a liner on the inside though.

Joan, you missed it...I bragged it up big time! I was quite proud!!:P:D:P

Nothing in the middle, that's what made it hard. I tweaked my tension to get the top almost perfect, figuring that if there were "dots" on the back, she'd just have to deal. I told her beforehand to expect that. The nice thing was that with that thread on top, even the "dots" that showed through there weren't very noticeable.

Thanks for the compliments!!

Dory, that turned out great! I really like the thread that you used and your paisley design is perfect. You're right, it kind of gives the birds movement. :D Way to go! I haven't tried quilting two pieces of fabric yet without any batting but may have to try it one of these days. Thanks for sharing your story on your blog. Looks like your quilting career is going to take off, now that you are an "award winning quilter"! :D :D Way to go!

Why didn't your client match up the repeat? Can't see your quilting. It seems that she should have put a sash between the panels so the repeat wasn't so noticeable. Even a row of flying geese or cranes would have been nice. Guess I like too much order and spent so many years matching the print on the front of shirts and pockets that this really bothers me. I won't buy a shirt for my husband unless the pattern down the front looks right. Maybe she could sew a line of rick rack over the seam or something to break the visual impact of the miss-matching print.

Vicki

I'm with you Vicki, I noticed the mismatch as soon as I saw the quilt. But it is interesting to have a quilted shower curtain. I have quite a few customers that have one but they all have some sort of thin batting in them. Maybe I should make one, hm! Now you have me thinking, think I will match up any repeats though!! Nice job Dory!

Cher

Archived