designer boards

Does anyone use designer boards? The ones that are like panto's but are a board and you use a metal stylus to guide you. Do you like them or are regular panto's better? I find that I do not have the best control when I am using panto's, I have only finished 3 quilts on my millie so far. I need your advice.

Denise

Denise,

You don't say what kind of machine you have. But, be aware that the 2009 Millenium needs to be raised so you can use the design boards at the back of the machine. The machine will not clear the boards if you just place them on the black table. Raising the machine apparently isn't terribly difficult, but you need to understand that you aren't going to be able to just buy boards and away you go. If you have a different machine, or an older machine, they may work just fine for you. Just saying.....

I have the QZ and the Topper, boards from Topper, RnS, QZ and have a ball using any of them with the QZ and the Topper. Which I use depends on what I am doing and on What.. a service quilt, a Community Service quilt or a home bed quilt, and of course last but far from least, the Quilts of Valor..

I can't imagine anything but the QZ, but then I've not seen the CL in action. Linda and Adam are terrific to work with.

Check the Circle Lord website. Michael is having a contest now and everyone that writes in will get a discount on their order. Plus, there will be two prizes of $500 template credit. This is a great time to get a Circle Lord!

Denise, you can enter the "I wanna Circle Lord" contest. Check here:

http://lovecirclelord.blogspot.com/

Archived