CAMP SONRISE - pics edited with names

meg

hey girls -

'twas fun! i'm so sad heidi isnt in the pic since she did so much to organize and make this happen for us.

i learned so much and love you all! what a great group we had... let's do it again next year! i think it will take me that long to practice all i have learned...

if any of you want copies - email me and i'll be happy to send them.

:cool:

ok - starting from the left - we have

ingrid clay - shana's MIL

anne harmon - i think anniequilter from stowe, vermont

heidi's guild buddy from ny - can't remember her name

jessica jones

vicki - my friend & new forum member vickinan

me (meg)

deloa

sandra

charlotte

sue - her husband is geotech - i think

shana - pronounced shah na

julie from massachusetts - she said she would be joining the forum too - but i have not seen her yet!

post--13461904865759_thumb.jpg

Ohhhhhh!! Ingrid and I had so much fun! What a fabulous time. Jessica and DeLoa are wonderful human beings and the best teachers. It was so nice to sit in the evenings around the table and talk about anything and everything and to get to know everyone. OMG Jessica is the sweetest thing and so kind and generous and talented. She is REAL! I Love that girl. Many thanks to Charlotte and Heidi for helping to organize and set up. Heidi showed us the Quiltazoid, too. Heidi and Charlotte are so generous! Many thanks to Sandra Guilbeau from Louisiana for her goodies and gifts and super fun personality. What a hoot....I Love you Sandra!!! :)

My MIL Ingrid is on cloud 9 and can't stop talking about the camp. These three days were beyond her wildest imagination. She was talking on the phone to my DH and explaining her happiness. I overheard her say something like "There is something extraordinary about quilters that no one else has in their life (meaning those who are not quilters). Quilters are a special kind of people."

It brings tears to my eyes seeing how happy she is. Ingrid is so inspired and filled with the joy of learning new quilting ideas and most of all, meeting new friends. Ingrid is in love with Meg and Vicki. So you two girls must get together with Ingrid in Syracuse and do sushi sometime. I gotta say that Meg is soooooo funny in person (and stunningly beautiful, too). Meg: please give Vicki special hugs and love from me. :) Vicki is so funny (I was LMAO by her stories) she absolutely adorable!! Shana

We did have a fantastic time. It took about 2 hours to do the take down and pack up. Then we were on our way to meet Heidi for dinner in Clifton Park. I got home at 10:30 pm.

Everything was great. Ingrid was a doll, Shana you were great too. Everyone was so friendly and we learned from each other.

DeLoa and Jessica were great and I am so glad that I got to spend time with Sandra. We went to see the Dear Jane quilt in the Bennington Museum. What a great time.

Hopefully we will meet up again at another one of DeLoa's camps!

Oh we did have the rain. This was the only time that it didn't rain. We thought that we were in the clear for the rest of the day on Thursday. Everyone was able to leave while it was still nice. Around 4:30 when we were taking down the machines the sky opened up and it poured. Thank goodness that by the time we were ready to pack the van it had stopped.

But we didn't have to be outside unless you were trying to get a cellphone connection. What better way to spend the rainy days than inside quilting with friends. It was a great time.

Will everyone in the pict please raise your hands and tell us your name, and nickname here on chat.

Sure would be nice... Whom is who.... roflmho.. sort of a silly silly mood tonight.

If anyone could import the pict into paint, put arrows into their hair, with their name.. it would be wonderful.

;):P

I see DeLoa center front. Sandra G behind and to DeLoas left shoulder.. but hanged if I am sure about anyone else..

I think Jessica is third from left in back row. Shana your avatar does not show what I'm seeing there.. loll fess up, which one are you... Which is Charlotte??? And Meg.... wonder how many more names I'll come up with LOLOL..

Meg what a great picture! I unfortunately had to go back to real life and work on Thursday so I missed the last day of fun. I almost came back! What a great time we all had and as always we learned so much. These camps are so much work and Deloa always gives it her all! This was another year that I was not disappointed. We had a great time at dinner on Thursday night and then they all came home with me to my crazy house! LOL I hope it wasn't too scary for you girls. Sandra should be landing anytime now and Jessica just got home. Deloa is set too. Miss you all so much! We definitely need to do this again.

I enjoyed everybody so much. I made new friends and everybody was so friendly and easy going. It was wonderful. Shana what a lucky girl you are to have a MIL like Ingrid. Just loved you both! Meg you and Vicki were a riot! Of course I had the best roommate, Charlotte who always keeps me on time and prepared. It is so wonderful to have such fantastic quilting friends!

Oops forgot to post the picture with names. Looks like me and Gail both left before this was taken. I'm glad the sun finally came out for you but I know it didn't last for the tear down!

post--13461904867374_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by RitaR

I see DeLoa center front. Sandra G behind and to DeLoas left shoulder.. but hanged if I am sure about anyone else..

I think Jessica is third from left in back row. Shana your avatar does not show what I'm seeing there.. loll fess up, which one are you... Which is Charlotte??? And Meg.... wonder how many more names I'll come up with LOLOL..

Haha! :) I am on the far right in back wearing the black shirt with white embroidery. Charlotte is wearing the white sweat shirt in front. Meg is in the very center back row. My MIL Ingrid is front row left side.

Before they were named I thought Ingrid was you!!!!

I could pick Deloa and Jessica, and was starting to check pics for the others. ISn't it great when you have photos for the names.

ME I'm still trying to work out how to put up an avatar. Apart from the fact I am usually behind the camera.

Lyn

I'm so happy that all of you had such a good time at Camp Sonrise.. Praying and planning that we can make it

next year. OR to Camp Mowana. DeLoa is always a treat, so sweet, even tempered.. and when teaching or just visiting. I miss that lady so, and find I too turned green for not being able to go.

Look forward.. ;);):D:D:D

Thank you Heidi and Shana, and I forgot the name of the one that posted the first pict... thank you too.

You did gooder

@ heidi - the picture would've been a lot better had i remembered to take it when you were still there :(

@ shana - vikci and i were talking about doing sushi with ingrid and are planning on it. she is a real sweet lady and it would be our pleasure. i, for one, am always looking for longarmers in the area to kibbitz with.

@ Libbey - there was rain everyday - we just got lucky that the sun came out the last day so i moved everyone outside real quick and we snapped away. it was a short break in the rain that we capitalized on!

@ anyone who has an opportunity to attend something like this - DO IT!!! it was the most informative, relaxed, no pressure environment to learn and try out new things. i highly recommend this over any classes at the big shows. and deloa and jessica are so generous with thier time and knowledge....it was great!!!

So Meg are you saying you enjoyed it? LOL

Make sure to let Charlotte and I know if you are going to do anything at her place with Ingrid because we are only 2 1/2 hours away! Looks like a great road trip. Everybody at camp this year was so wonderful and so much fun. I really enjoyed my time there. It was a really relaxing place to be. At one point I was sitting out on the porch checking up on my emails and it was just so relaxing! Wishing I was still there.

Sounds like a very nice place to be!!! Does this go on every year??? I can see where it would be much more relaxing than the big shows where you have to hurry - Hurry to find the right room - Hurry to be on time (or better yet - early to get a spot you want!) -hurry & eat quick - share machine table with who knows who....

Just muxing a bit, last year at MQS I was stuck sharing with a grumpy lady who owned a Nolting and kept complaining about everything about the Milli!!!! I was nice and as patient as I could be..... She finally stopped complaining when I told her about my first class and how I was stuck with a Nolting that just wouldn't quilt.... and how I wouldn't take one if you GAVE it to me.... things went better after that.... :cool:

All machine are different, as are people. I do much perfer to have lessons on a machine I know how to run. Lesson learned there .... it is almost as important as the Teacher you choose..... IMHO.....

Judi,

Your best bet is to check in at DeLoa's website. She is going to do something in Pennsylvania in July. She won't be doing Camp Sonrise again because it is closing and going to be sold. But she does post her camps on her website and that would be the easiest way to stay on top of an up and coming quilt camp.

The website is deloasquiltshop.com.

I'd love to find another camp like Camp SonRise and host Deloa again! It was so much fun and you girls just can't imagine how much you get out of camp if you have never done a camp like this before. Of course it helps that Deloa is one of the most gracious, generous, kind souls of the world! She shares so freely and both she and Jessica really care that you get what they are teaching.

Hi Heidi,

My DW, Susan, said she had a great time at camp Son Rise and also mentioned that it was closing. A nice place to have your quilt retreat would be at Camp-of-the-Woods in Speculator, NY. It is on lake Pleasent and the town is nice. There is some shopping, places to dine or just to walk about and have a ice cream. There web page is www.camp-of-the-woods.org . It sure would be nice to have a annual quilt retreat in the beautiful Adirondacks.

Thanks. I'm making a list of places in the area that we might be able to have another camp. We just would have to make sure we have enough people signed up. I'm sure Deloa will come back if we can get enough people interested for a retreat next year! I just got the name of another place tonight too. I'll have to start looking into the options. I'm glad Susan had a great time. I really don't think there is anything better than these camps!

If you aren't interested in shopping like at a quilt show and are interested in hands on classes and personalized attention from the teachers, DeLoa's camps are the best. With food provided and not having to go out to dinner to a restaurant it is so convenient. I wonder if there are any camp type organizations in the Catskills?

Archived