pictures!.....funky feather fun!

i finished this little number yesterday and just processed the photos. Here is a close up of the quilting detail. This is from my dearest male piecer, he always does very good work and I can usually count on him for some color pizazz!

You can see more pictures of this quilt in my Photoshow account. http://photoshow.comcast.net/sewfarsewgood

Guest Linda S

WOW Sherry! The quilting is fabulous and what a wonderful quilt top. I also just love your photoshows. Too bad I got rid of Comcast, but my Clearwire is a little more in my price-range.

Linda

What a beautiful quilt, so full of color and fun.

I always have to let my eyes linger a bit longer on your

quilts in order to take it all in. Your quilting is amazing. The

diamond corner, zowie, how did you get that to all come

together so perfectly.

The diamond cornerstones in the sashing is a surprise, how

wonderful. The diamonds in the stars really make those

stars pop. The border of diamonds in that black are so

elegant looking. And I love the lines in the inner border (?)

alternating with black and colorful square. Neat.

I like the show, too. Diamonds really are a girl's best friend.

WOW Sherry is all I can say. You give us all something to strive for, to find a nitch and be the best we can be. You're quilting is truly amazing and your friend Joel looks like a great piecer to be working with. Can't wait to see the next ones.

Very Nice Sherry! Love the quilts colors and you did such a beautiful job

of quilting it! Did you use a black poly thread on that one or bottom line?

I think he already got "OHMYGAWD" quilting on this one.......oh I can't wait

to see the net one too! Keep them coming!

This "Comcast-Project" is greaaaat! I?ve logged in tonight and Dirk (my DH;) ) and I have had a lot of fun to see our family at special events(like confirmation this year) in a kind of a movie!

I tried to put some of my projects into this.....maybe you want to have a look!;):cool:

Here is the link:

http://www.photoshow.net/ClaudiaPfeil/quilts

Have a great day....

Claudia from Germany

Thank you ladies!

Linda in Ramona...have you ever concidered a career in journaling? I enjoyed reading your decription of my quilting very much! LOL

Judi

I used Bottom Line in both the top and the bobbin.

Mary Beth and Janet

Glad you enjoyed the show. Trust me,,,the PhotoShow is VERY easy to figure out and walks you though every detail!

Bekah

You just took classes with the best! Work hard and be determined. I bet it won't be long before we see yummy stuff from you!

Sherry and Claudia,

I loved your photo "movies". I just got a broadband connection so it was great to be able to enjoy them. Some day, I hope to be able to quilt even partly as beautiful as you girls do.

Sherry, one question. You said you use a clear template plastic to audition designs. If I wanted to buy something like that, what should I buy? That is a fantastic idea.

Thanks,

Char

Hi Char

You can use many things. You can get window replacment acrylic in a variety of sizes at most home improvement stores or you can remove the panto plastic or lexon table top and use them. I would suggest no matter what you choose to use that you place a border of blue tape around the edges to prevent accidental marking onto the quilt top. I also use the plastic template sheets for smaller areas. Oh and when working around fabric, use the vis-a-vis wet erase markers NOT the dry erase markers.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you just gave me an idea how to quilt my star top I just finished and loaded to the machine.

Have you also used black thread in the bright fabric?

I am not sure what I should take for mine (it in the webshots if you want to have a look ;) )

I am on the hurry to check your comcast

Linda, I too love to read your comments.

Sherry, have a lot fun to do the others and do not forget to show the results......

hugs

Andrea

Thanks a lot for sharing

I have a couple of customers that is the saying i hear when they receive their quilts back, but love how you wrote it "OHMYGAWD" I'll have to remember that. I have one that might be like that if I ever get it done will post it for you to inspect for me...You all have wonderful comments

YOu do such beautiful work.

I get so fired up looking at some of these picture it makes me want to go out and quilt more and more.

I aspire to be this good.

Thanks for sharing.;):D:D

Originally posted by SherryRogers

i finished this little number yesterday and just processed the photos. Here is a close up of the quilting detail. This is from my dearest male piecer, he always does very good work and I can usually count on him for some color pizazz!

You can see more pictures of this quilt in my Photoshow account. http://photoshow.comcast.net/sewfarsewgood

Hello Andrea

I peeked at your star quilt in process and it is quite loverly! I can see some wonderful trapunto in those empty blocks...maybe some stars even. You should have alot of fun designing something and can't wait to see it finished. I did use black thread everywhere on Joel's quilt...even in the bright stars! It worked out okay me thinks!

Qfairy

I cant wait to see your *ohmygawd* quilt, please share when you finish it, kay?

Tish

You get jiggy with it and show us some stuff too!

Wow, Sherry!!! Exquisite as usual!!!

I actually took a magnifying glass and tried to find your starts and stops. I found no visible starts/stops, wobbles, or backtracking. How do you do it? You are really gifted. I know it takes ppp, but to quilt like you do takes a lot more than ppp.

I'm glad you can't see the drool I left on the magnifying glass.:D

Phyllis Hughes

Oklahoma City

Claudia and Sherry,

First time I've ever seen a photo show. What fun. Your quilts are wonderful!

I have decided quickly -- just had my Milli 3 months -- that I like straight lines in quilts. Best part is I can do them with all the rulers available.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Joy

Archived