Home Sweet Home ~DONE!

Well, I have the last customer quilt for Christmas on the longarm and it's a custom job...hopefully will be done by Saturday and then I can concentrate on Christmas fun!

This is a little peak of the quilt...it's a real charming quilt called Home Sweet Home by Barb Adams and Alma Allen. It belongs to a friend of mine. I also made the same quilt along with her but I am doing an applique border (after Christmas!) so mine isn't done yet. I spent the day with my friend to show her how to do the border treatment, which I learned off this forum (thanks again Linda Rech, this border is always a crowd pleaser!).

I get to have lots of fun with this one...she wants whimsy ~ so much fun! I am also going to try to bind it on the longarm....something I haven't tried yet!

post--13461905185124_thumb.jpg

Sylvia, about the binding......JUST DO IT!!! It probably ranks right up there for the things I learned this year.

Oh, forgot to say that I recently put on M&M wheels. Well, I'm sewing along on this quilt when it dawned on me......I was outlining the applique "commando" :P!!! I was kinda startled at first then I was just plain impressed!!!

Vickie...here is a link to an old post. It is where I first saw this kind of border using the rick rack!

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=12190&page=1#pid195285

My first time trying this method was last year on a log cabin quilt....it turned out stunning and has a lot of comments on the border! I'll see if I can find a picture of it.

Here's a picture, not a very good one though!

post--13461905187833_thumb.jpg

Archived