Finished Doves in the Window

Some of the quilting. The doves have feathers, all the cream is straight lines, the skinny cream border is alternating half hearts, and feathers again in the outer border. I used Invisifil in the center and small border and King Tut in the outer border and the settings. The bobbin was Invisifil through it all. All done freehand on George.

It worked great as an enjoyed practice piece. The ties you see are knots tied by church members as they pray for the recipient. I just put them in the setting squares and triangles.

post--13461905191322_thumb.jpg

Wonderful!!! How very sweet and so perfect - she will love it! You must have a good heart & soul to do this.... great idea and great timing too.

The backing is such a cool idea too - mind if I borrow that one someday? Did you Piece those squares into it?? (or apply to top of backing?)

Thanks all, I had fun working on it. It just felt good each time I sat to do the next thing.

Judi, of course, you can use the idea--I don't have a patent on it. I used a free form of Crossword Creator to start out the words, then did a hand drawn one to put two -three puzzles in as one. For the squares, I sewed 5 strips of 1.5 inches and then subcut into 1.5 squares. Then I added or removed to make the right word amounts. I sewed the green as long strips where needed. Nothing was appliqued. The clues were printed on fabric and sewn into a seam, but stitched down on the sides and bottom.

• 5 weeks later...

Someone asked me about this quilt pattern, so I realized that many of you would like to here the latest update. The receiver was very appreciative of the quilt (she does some quilting herself).

I just had a facebook chat with the reciever of this quilt. She has completed Phase 1 of her cancer treatment--the chemo port has been removed. And even better, scans show the tumor to be about 90% reduced!!!! He is not only good, He is GRRRRRREAT! I get to maybe meet her the first week of March.

Archived