A bit chilly -25

Well for the last 2 days the nights have been at least -25. I sure wish it would warm up. Our one temp guage doesn't work past -21 and it had quit working. Beautiful blue skies over the mountains doesn't help to hold the heat in. Our Golden Retriever loves getting on top of snow banks and slides down on her back. She is worse than a kid.

Diana

We keep the stove stoked 24-7 hrs. a day. Our wood pile is taking a hit also. Can't burn coal though. Finally turned on the basement heat to 60 to keep the pipes from freezing. Otherwise we stay warm and toastie. My niece told me a quilter should never ever be cold. Guess that is true, if I took all my quilts and got under them I would probably smother to death from the weight before I got warm. I used to know how to take a picture on my old phone of the dog, but the new one my daughter got me is more difficult to use. Sage the retriever was so funny sliding down the 3 ft. snow banks.

Diana:

Rita,

Sage the dog was funny to watch. My husband fell on what I call our Norweigan Drive, steep and curvy. The girls got him ice grippers for his shoes after that. He hurt his shoulder but quit complaining to me as I keep telling him that he needs to see a Dr. so he suffers in pain. Slip, sliding around here. It has gotten to 29 above now. Yippee heat wave.

Diana

I'd love to see your Golden doing that. My Golden loves the snow also. She jumps around in it and sticks her head in it. The snow was up to her shoulders and she was having a ball! It was -4 F this am but warmed up to 20's. Stay warm and tell your husband to suck it up and go to the Dr.;) Men.. they just hate Dr's.

We have broken the record of 70" of snow and are currently at 80+" and it's only February! The other day I was out with my dogs and decided to climb the snow pile in our yard (just like a little kid and I'm 51 years old). My doggies loved it and my yellow and chocolate labs bounded up to the top of the pile with me. About then somebody drove into my driveway. I was kind of embarassed, but then I decided next I might have to make some snow forts in the snow pile! You're only as old as you feel! Stay warm!

Archived