Quilt Talk NYE Mystery 2010 - slight alteration to pattern

Here is my first attempt at a non sr panto. Double Plume by Keryn Emmerson.

The pattern was designed Quilt Talk's Ann Smith. She designed the mystery to look a bit different...the circles would have been crosses...but I liked the circles better.

I went the scrappy route..of course! I also did something that is generally shunned upon in the quilt world. I used a cotton/poly blend sheet for the background and backing fabric. I wanted to play around with a busy background...and wanted a quilt that I could throw in the van and that could survive alot of washings.

I generally do not do pantos...but thought for this quilt...the pattern would look good. I am pleased with the results. Now to trim and bind...and start using!

post--13461905597186_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

You did a nice job, and I think your stitches look great - heck, they'd look great if that was your stitch regulator doing it, but in non-stitch-regulated mode, they're excellent. Very nice.

Kristina,

I am loving your quilt, and quilting. That pantograph always quilts up very well, and the white thread makes it look so fresh !!!

I am surprised that I got a few people considering non SR mode for pantos on my other post, even though it was in my own desperation of not having my SR working that I did it for myself. I would not have done otherwise !!! :D

You are right though, it is not as scary as you think once you get that speed and rhythm right.

Archived