Ideas please this has been 2 years in the making

This is an applique project that has been 2 years in the making. I need suggestions on how to quilt. It is on the bed since DH did not understand the pillow tuck in the quilt.

I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for your input. DH needs the computer for business for the next 2 hours.

2352977570105032900S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi Denice,

I don't know if you subscribe to "Machine Quilting Unlimited".

But, the November 2010 issue had a wonderful 6 page article by Barbara Hollinger. Quilting an Applique Quilt: Lessons from the past. With pictures and lots of inspiration! Very informative.

(No affiliation.)

APQS Dawn Cavenaugh has a good article also. Look down the subject titles. .pdf files

http://www.apqs.com/supplies_articles.php

Sparkle,

Thanks I am using the photo to audition what I will be doing. I am also ordering wool Batting to get the right lift to the quilting. DH is still baffled about how it will come together. I am thinking of using the Sand beach thread on the top. Backing is going to be cream. (boring)

very nice quilt - that looks like a fun one to do!

I would quilt those bunnies in a way to keep them hopping.... movement....

Cross-hatching is always great!

Maybe a nice Leafy vine instead of feathers going around the quilt? I learned that from a class at MQS. Using leaves instead of the feather bump and every now and then do a loop / swirls coming out of the vine. Make sense?? Not sure if I could draw it or not..... never looks good when done by mouse!

Archived