NQR - Sister's goofy dog

She's 100% Golden Retreiver. 120lbs, and knows she is beautiful! If my sister does not share the blow dryer in the mornings, Sara stands up with her paws on the counter and looks her in the eye in the mirror until she gives in. If she doesn't give in Sare steals something off the counter and takes off with it. This dog is waaaaay to smart for my sister's own good! :D

Not silly....she just knows how to be a pretty pupper..... Our Sara loves to take a bath...we actually take her to a "Dog Wash"....its inside a car wash place. Sara loves to primp and she actually struts when all blown dry and pretty.

LOL! I have to tell you a funny puppy story that is recent (last week). Well, y'all know we have two GSDs (German Shedding Dogs)... well, Daddy Dog (Raider) is a long haired GSD that is 120+ lbs and his daughter (Rika) has the normal coat length. Anyway, well they are starting to lose their winter undercoats so we are brushing them almost daily. They love to be brushed!!! Raider gets his brushing for about 10 minutes, and Rika is standing nearby... when It's Rika's turn and getting brushed, Raider gets jealous and he comes right back over next to us, nudges us and then lays on the floor (with his belly up and legs out) letting us know that he's ready for more brushing. Some people's kids.... A goofy dog fo shizzle! :cool:

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Originally posted by CindyT

Shana, you gonna make something with all that dog hair?

Umm.... Ewww!

LOL.... No.

;)

We save Sara's fur for the birds in the spring....we put it in a can or open container in the yard and the birdies come and get what they want to line their nests in the summer you can tell when the purple martins are ready for a liner...they start swooping at the picture window till I put the box out....we have a hamburger container right now that is just waiting for nesting time.

Kenna,

My two goldens would run a mile if I pointed a hair dryer in their direction. I did buy one for dogs when I decided to groom them myself, but I have to shut them in the room to use it, so I usually just bathe them on a warm day.

Archived