Dinner at Fire and Ice

It was great to meet everyone from the forum that participated in dinner at Fire and Ice - it was fun and the evening went way too fast...but I thought I would share my one picture that my daughter took of all of us....

I will need help remembering all of the names though...

2229696190104810669S425x425Q85.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day and comes home with lots of new ideas!!! I did!

I'll try...

starting from the right and going to the left - sitting down is Heidi, Anne, Libby, in the red it is another Heidi?, Diane and a friend of Diane's?, Standing from the right is Miriam, two I am sorry I can't recall, Charlotte, Barbara, myself and another name I can't recall...

I am sorry, but maybe others can chime in and help...I am having a duh moment....

From the left, 1st row, I think it's Heidi, Anne, Libby, Lisa, Charlotte (standing), me Dianne and my friend Nicole in pink. The second row I know I will confuse the names. Somehow I thought there was more of us at the dinner table.

I just got back. Very excited about my new rulers, additions for the Circle Lord and I know I lightened the load on the trucks going back to Superior Thread and Kingsman Supply. One of the last things I purchased was this fabulous quilt kit at Sew Batik designed by this incredible woman in Germany named Birgit.

You should be able to find Birgit's quilt kit's by googling Batik Stars Quilt kit Deep Wisteria. That is the one I got, it also comes in a black background, very striking. They are being sold by SewBatik phone # 877-235-5025

Best part, NO set in Y seams. It just looks it. Anyone ordering a kit should consider getting it with a coordinated backing. The prices of wide backs at multiple vendors at MQX was $59.

Dianne

This is from Diane at Sew Batik...

The small nine-patch wall hanging is called Round Trip - Squared and this was its' debut showing. It will also be available as a Queen size quilt.

The second new one in the booth is Triangle Fun. This is the art quilt that is simply the most creative way to make a fun wall quilt!

Batik Stars - available in both Deep Wisteria and Tuxedo backgrounds is on our website. This quilt was also designed by Birgit.

I'll post more (prices, stock numbers etc) as I get them.

And if you happen to mention Long Arm Assoc #1025 in your order I won't mind a bit.

Hi.

I was there also (seated in the center in red) and had a great time. Their frozen drinks are awsome but the friendship was the best!

Leslie:

I am so glad we found each other - only 20 feet away! Nice to talk in person for a change. Let's hope we have no more machine emergencies and can just chat for fun (more often)!

Butterfly (Jess):

We kept running into each other in the vendor mall. I hope you do not mind me saying but you are even prettier than your picture! I love your glowing silvery white hair, though you are way too young for it. Too bad you could not make the dinner. We did have a lot of fun that night.

Diane (DB):

Did your friend Nicole get her LA??? She was really nice and looked like she was very ready to place her order! You are going to love your new Circle Lord templates. The feather border is really pretty. Is your Liberty on order?

I agree, the show was much quieter this year than in the past. I guess since they have two shows now, it is all split in half. The classrooms were not as crowded as last year either. The quilts were beautiful. Congrats to all the winners....many were APQSers!

Can someone post Birgit's quilt kit? Not sure how I missed it. It sounds nice.

It is a fun time. Great classes, great friends and the restaurants are good.

I'm sorry I couldn't get to the dinner but we had only gotten in late that afternoon and were pretty beat from driving.

Lisa, it was good to see you in person and I had your Feathers DVD in my bag to return and completely forgot! Guess I'm meant to watch it one more time. Birgit's new patterns were in the Sew Batik booth. I think they were kind of on the back side of the middle rack, nearer the foot of the bed. If that makes any sense.

Heidi, I think you might have been the person in Deloas booth showing that great circle ruler when I ran over to get my Boomerang at the last minute on Friday. Tose are really cool rulers- no turning- what a concept.

Glad everyone had such a good time. Maybe I'll make it next time.

Archived