I am stuck! Need help creating spaces in a lot of space!!

OK I have been staring at this thing and have no clue...

Any ideas on what to do in the background? I really need to make the quilting the star in this one as there is so much space.

Any stencils that come to mind?

How should I break up this space and create designs in it?

Customer is open to anything I want to do but ugh I am hitting a wall. HELP MEEEEEE!!!

post--13461906017682_thumb.jpg

Neat quilt! An idea on the border. Quilt in flying geese where the pieced flying geees stop to continue the design. Quilt inside the flying geese- both the pieced and quilted- something similar but simplified that you use in the either the backround or the "star" points.

I have one I have a block on also

My tablet is being fixed so no drawing from me. I'm wondering if you can use your boomerangs to create some pretty curved V shapes. Echo and a little cross hatching and then feather. That would make those flowers pop. I would definitely SID the flowers and it doesn't really look like you need to add quilting in them unless you want to.

For once I don't see feathers or spirals.. I see rays starting near the middle and going on out to the edge.. Then quilt a simple pattern in the flowers.. The rays would stop and start with the flowers, so it might be way too many stops and starts.. I'd think twice about that ROFLMHO after I quilt one!

Whatever you do Shana, it will be beautifuller than it is now.

Hmmm...lets see if I can describe what I'm thinking. And I can only give you a starting idea. I stink at figuring out the whole design ahead of time. How about starting with a few big half-circles nesting within each other. Put them in those four big white areas on the outside of the body of the quilt and make it so the open ends of the circles are touching the border. Then put the same half-circles in the white area surrounding the center block with the open ends touching the center. Do you get what I'm saying? Then you could fill in some of them with designs and go from there. You definitely want soft curves with all those sharp pieced points.

Jess

Oh oh, I don't know how to draw on the computer. But if I'm not mistaken, I posted a pic here a while ago of a quilt called Off the beaten path. I believe thats the title of the post. Seems to me I did half circles in that. If I new how to find it and post it for you I would. I'm sorry Shana, I just don't know how. Wish I weren't so inept.

Jess

Archived