Storms/Floods in Paducah?

well, aren't you the Miss Smarty Pants!!! hahahaha:P:P:P:P

I should have thought of that, but that's why I have you for friend!!! lol:P:P Seriously, thanks sweetie pie!! I made dinner for 8, I'm bushed and have NOT packed. So I ain't thinkin'!!!!!

We are leaving very early in the morning, so I guess I'll call on the way!

Wish us good traveling weather!!

I understand there is a meeting today about putting up the flood walls which will cut off the convention center. More rain coming too. It doesn't look good at all. We are about 3 hours from Paducah and have had over 6 inches of rain in the last couple of days. I think they have been swamped with rain too. It is supposed to continue through Wednesday.

Well I'm bummed, the highway is flooded and I can't leave home! There are 3 high water crossing spots in the first 10 miles of the trip, so I can't get there from here! :mad: DH and I are going to scout the roads later and I'm hoping to get on the road tomorrow. Beccabooo, thanks for posting the link the the show information, good to hear everything is still going on in Paducah, even if they did have to change locations for some things. Yes, what a bother that must be!

I wondered when they were going to put the flood gates up. I live about an hour away from Paducah and we are really flooded here and are calling for about 5 inches more tonight, so it is going to get worse before it gets better. But it sounds like they have a plan and can handle it. I plan on going on Thursday and Saturday. My dh just bought a new bass boat guess I can always take it. lol

Carmen hope you find a way out, be very careful. I hope I can stay late enough on Thursday to see all of you.

Last year at Irenes we talked about getting together a couple times through out the year, maybe we can plan something this year.

Pam, I just sent an email to Irene discussing this same topic--getting together from last year. I am hoping to go down tomorrow night but the water may change my plans. Highways have water over them today between here and Paducah in several places. And of course, it is raining here right now.

The gates are definitely going up today. Part of them are already in place. Some of the secondary roads have been closed but the main roads are fine. I drove past the "relocation areas" and saw that many vendors are already here and setting up. There was also a nice crowd at the AQS Hurt Book Sale in the Finkels Bldg. It will definitely be different, but hopefully we'll still have a great show and everyone will SAFELY enjoy it. Bring your raincoats and rubber boots and if you can figure out how, bring a ray of sunshine!

Thanks for all of the update. I have a carload leaving Northern Ohio tomorrow morning. I sure wish (or do I) I knew what was in store for us. It sounds very interesting!

I love the wall at Paducah but I , also, like seeing the river. Maybe I should take a raft!: o

We're leaving early tomorrow morning for a flight out of Buffalo via Chicago to Paducah.

Since you guys seem to really be on top of this, I'll keep checking the forum for the latest updates.

I do hope everyone stays safe - and I also hope this doesn't mean there will be a lot of turbulence on our flight as it terrifies me:(

Stay safe everyone.

We made it from KC without a hitch. Our hotel is fine. We have some friends that are staying in Metropolis and they have water on 3 sides of the hotel:o:o:o. They were told that they should be safe through Wednesday but may be in trouble Thurs. We'll just have to watch the weather. We talked to some other quilters on one of the shuttles that had to be moved to another hotel. I don't know if there have been cancelations due to the weather or not. I do know Harrah's is closed due to flooding. Anyway, we are fine. We went to the sneek preview tonight and enjoyed seeing the quilts. Congratulations Irene for your ribbon. Way to go girl:):):) Your quilt is gorgeous. It is really impressive how Paducah has rearranged the venue due to the flooding. I'm really impressed. Anyone out there coming to the show, just be careful and watch the weather.

Archived